Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Unlike the last one, ageo flow is much stronger. Probably because it rips a hole in the atmosphere.

Yea, don't need a great track to get buried in that one....just for jackpot. And before anyone asks, yes....I am satisfied after that last one. If I get another one great, but I would like to get you coastal guys on the board.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, don't need a great track to get buried in that one....just for jackpot. And before anyone asks, yes....I am satisfied after that last one. If I get another one great, but I would like to get you coastal guys on the board.

Ray, didn't you state somewhere(not sure what thread) that you thought coastal areas should see some action ? Not sure what analog/dates you mentioned etc. (1987?) I could be off....

Edit: With that said, I have a client Rye Beach,NH on the ocean, he got may 1.5", 4 miles down the road 13-16" last storm

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Honestly I would have been happy with 6. To sort of miss the CCB to the south was more disappointing, but oh well. 

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

Ray, didn't you state somewhere(not sure what thread) that you thought coastal areas should see some action ? Not sure what analog/dates you mentioned etc. (1987?) I could be off....

Coastal areas should join in more the second half of the month and most especially February. I won't be surprised if this next one is another interior focus, but shouldn't be a wash out on the coast like last weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 512high said:

Edit: With that said, I have a client Rye Beach,NH on the ocean, he got may 1.5", 4 miles down the road 13-16" last storm

Are you serious? 1.5" and 13-16" gradient over 4 miles??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Are you serious? 1.5" and 13-16" gradient over 4 miles??

Ray I just sent a text, he said it was very warm at the beginning of the storm, his final total was 8.5", he claimed he picked up 6 inches or so second part of storm until late pm....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I expected to get some retribution on you this month....if you recall, I have been invoking January 1987 and 2003 snowfall distribution patterns for this January dating back to last fall.

Yep. Although those months I think were more classic coast vs inland. Like CT would have crushed me I think those years.

I’m  just referring to last several years. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

EPS looks like goes between the BM and ACK...

Funny, it sounds dumb, but I had a really good feeling when I started getting that OES CJ during the day on Saturday...that is pretty rare here and I feel like it portended where the atmosphere wanted to snow.

That’s how the biggies start. You also slammed on the CF. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s how the biggies start. You also slammed on the CF. 

It reminded me a lot of the a toned down version of my March 2018 bonanza....I remember concerns about the best going south were also assuaged early on by the fact that the cape was raining and even here began as a bit of rain...it sounds ironic, but it made me think...."game on" and 31" later the rest was history.

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I expected to get some retribution on you this month....if you recall, I have been invoking January 1987 and 2003 snowfall distribution patterns for this January dating back to last fall.

Nah, you're always wrong. Get a life bro.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't care to study the charts for day 10, but looks like its trying to give my area some CF love again, looking at the sucker hole inland a bit...

Not to be picky, but Actually that’s day 8…not complete fantasy land, which is a little plus.