Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

9 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

I’ll say this I’m not trying to get tooo excited but I’m starting to see Mets acknowledge the seeming SE trend on Twitter 

Bobby from EPAWA saw the 0z guidance and essentially tossed his map from earlier this evening. No one really expected this shift, hobbyists and mets alike.

11 minutes ago, MattMal88 said:

The trend is our friend right now. I want to see the rest of the 0z suite continue it to feel any kind of good yet. If we only had a decent airmass this would be a hige hit.

It's a shame....I've been suggesting this would be a tantalizingly close call for extreme SE PA for some time now due mostly to the antecedent airmass that isn't that good. Far N and W crew enjoy this one. Maybe we get another shot down this way later in the week. Some of the extended stuff is starting to look more tame and seasonal now.

The NAM showed total positive snow depth accumulations meeting or exceeding  warning criteria  for the LV  first the time in several years in  tonight's run  This is a promising trend that the winter storm watch may be upgraded to an actual warning before the snow event even actually occurs and not during the event . That has not happened in 2-3 years. To me, that is what I have been waiting for this entire year.  Once that warning  is issued- it can snow a foot or more- I really do not care about being too specific on totals. I think many of us are waiting for the magical warning to be issued too. We have all waited way too long.

namconus_asnowd_neus_26.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

The NAM showed total positive snow depth accumulations meeting or exceeding  warning criteria  for the LV  first the time in several years in  tonight's run  This is a promising trend that the winter storm watch may be upgraded to an actual warning before the snow event even actually occurs and not during the event . That has not happened in 2-3 years. To me, that is what I have been waiting for this entire year.  Once that warning  is issued- it can snow a foot or more- I really do not care about being too specific on totals. I think many of us are waiting for the magical warning to be issued too. We have all waited way too long.
namconus_asnowd_neus_26.png

It’ll be coming. 6-10”

3 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

It’ll be coming. 6-10”

You’re increasing totals? I think I’ll go up to 4-8” if/when I do…low ratios and BL issues scare me. Only way we get to 10” is if we have an earlier changeover and get under that death band for 3+ hours.

You’re increasing totals? I think I’ll go up to 4-8” if/when I do…low ratios and BL issues scare me. Only way we get to 10” is if we have an earlier changeover and get under that death band for 3+ hours.

Yeah I’ll reassess in the morning but likely 4-8/5-9/6-10. See how euro looks and 6z mesos and go from there

That band is capable of 2-3” per hour, and it’s not a small Norlun trough type feature. She’s wide

24 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This has the feel of one of those February wet snow bombs of old coming in as a surprise. Of course it's still over a day away.

More times than not these setups don't pan out. Either the cold takes too long to filter down or the precep scoots out of here quicker than expected or both. I do remember a couple plaster jobs, better than expected but they are far and few between...

40F/Cloudy

• Like 2