Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

48 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

The NBM with it's nice blend has done IMHO the best job with storms so far this season...If I were in the Lehigh Valley and on northbound from there I would be pretty optimistic about snow. Down in southern climes like where I am....not so much.

A

A lot of this south of the Turnpike is most likely not amounting to much other than the grass etc. due to temps, radiational heating, and ground temps. 

• Like 1

Looks like 12 hrs of white rain for MBY.  Maybe some slop on the grass. 

Yeah the PD storm still looking suppressed.  Fantasy land has yet another Cleveland Steamer. 

Time to get one more round and the check please to cash out of this mess of a Winter with almost nothing but staring at glorious 384 hr ensemble runs. 

• Haha 1

Bernie Rayno on Accuweather was pretty spot on with his thoughts last night/today that we would see a northern trend. Was hoping for Warning Critera, but will gladly take another 2-4in snowfall if this is what it ends up being. 

2 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Bernie Rayno on Accuweather was pretty spot on with his thoughts last night/today that we would see a northern trend. Was hoping for Warning Critera, but will gladly take another 2-4in snowfall if this is what it ends up being. 

I think it's a foregone conclusion that it is an I-78 / I-80 special.  The track and any deathbands that might set up (including with the pivot) will determine how much.

I am a big Bernie Rayno fan...he just said he is going against the current Accu Weather snow maps and believes there will be no snow at all in SE PA nada too warm. Says models will indeed come north this weekend and AccuWeather and others will shift their accumulating snow forecasts northbound.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

I am a big Bernie Rayno fan...he just said he is going against the current Accu Weather snow maps and believes there will be no snow at all in SE PA nada too warm. Says models will indeed come north this weekend and AccuWeather and others will shift their accumulating snow forecasts northbound.

Well that would go back to the original solution where New England wins. I mean that is a dramatic Shift back and forth.

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Very familiar map looks just like the January storm map three days out I only squeezed 3.8" from.

You are right. I would take another storm like that though my location always seems to get the lower end. The low elevation does not help.

2 hours ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

On another note.... If you haven't been outside today please go out and enjoy! 56 degrees now in Dub C. 

Felt like March 9th, especially with the dandelions and drunk behaving bees on the bird feeder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1