Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,516
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
    Joined

Central PA Winter 23/24


Voyager
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Did you stay on Disney property?

Yes, we were at the Pop Century. The services were great, but the rooms were small for a family of 4.
The  transportation around the parks & whole Disney property was impressive with the Skyliner & the bus service to wherever you wanted to go.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Unfortunately, as you said, the latest GFS cut back the snow chance. This run has the snow in northern PA.

IMG_5964.png

The biggest difference from this Am's run and 12Z yesterday, that I noticed, was the coastal being slower which allows it to miss the colder air retreating from PA.    At that same time stamp yesterday the low was encroaching upon SE PA instead of just leaving Pedro.   Cold in before it gets here and cold air after it leaves.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we were at the Pop Century. The services were great, but the rooms were small for a family of 4.
The  transportation around the parks & whole Disney property was impressive with the Skyliner & the bus service to wherever you wanted to go.

I have stayed at all 3 of the resorts at that level and the rooms are indeed small.  Two beds and little room to maneuver around them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we were at the Pop Century. The services were great, but the rooms were small for a family of 4.
The  transportation around the parks & whole Disney property was impressive with the Skyliner & the bus service to wherever you wanted to go.

When we stayed, we went to Pop Music and Sports, many years ago and I agree the rooms were small, but I've always said I don't go to Disney to stay in the rooms, I just need a place to crash with the kids.  Hope you had good weather.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we were at the Pop Century. The services were great, but the rooms were small for a family of 4.
The  transportation around the parks & whole Disney property was impressive with the Skyliner & the bus service to wherever you wanted to go.

FYI-Models keep drawing me in with chances.  I was ready to cash out a couple days ago but winter really holding on the best it can.

image.thumb.png.ba1cb80fab714f0a907189f33c0b3936.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we were at the Pop Century. The services were great, but the rooms were small for a family of 4.
The  transportation around the parks & whole Disney property was impressive with the Skyliner & the bus service to wherever you wanted to go.

We stayed there 10 days after Pop Century opened. We were the first family in the room that we were assigned. We were in the 1960s buildings. Our daughter was just 2 in 2004 and she loved the Hippy Dippy Pool. :)  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

FYI-Models keep drawing me in with chances.  I was ready to cash out a couple days ago but winter really holding on the best it can.

image.thumb.png.ba1cb80fab714f0a907189f33c0b3936.png

 

That's about the 9th inning on Opening Day. Not good. 

Though - what should we expect when MLB schedules regular season games in March and idiots like me line up to buy tickets? LOL 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Low of 34 this morning in Maytown. Disappointed that we didn't get to freezing. On to tonight. 

Surprisingly not cold tonight on meso's after only getting mid to upper 40's for highs.   A warm front tailing off the low in Cananda swings through before the trailing cold front sets us cold again Wed evening.   Seems like constant snow today in the Laurels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprisingly not cold tonight on meso's after only getting mid to upper 40's for highs.   A warm front tailing off the low in Cananda swings through before the trailing cold front sets us cold again Wed evening.   Seems like constant snow today in the Laurels. 

Yes, and I knew that too. Thanks for correcting me. It's tomorrow night that we're likely to get a freeze. I still haven't reached freezing since the morning of March 1st. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We stayed there 10 days after Pop Century opened. We were the first family in the room that we were assigned. We were in the 1960s buildings. Our daughter was just 2 in 2004 and she loved the Hippy Dippy Pool. :)  

Was to Disney 3 times first time we stayed at the Music resort the first time. We felt like prisoners' staying onsite. Next to time we stayed off site was a better experience for the kids an us parents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, and I knew that too. Thanks for correcting me. It's tomorrow night that we're likely to get a freeze. I still haven't reached freezing since the morning of March 1st. 

Sorry, was not trying to sound correcting, just discussion.     Could see some really cold readings Friday AM (colder spots.) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Was to Disney 3 times first time we stayed at the Music resort the first time. We felt like prisoners' staying onsite. Next to time we stayed off site was a better experience for the kids an us parents.

Interesting perspective - we've done 17 WDW vacations. All onsite except for one. That one was one more than necessary, I vowed never to stay off property again. I felt like I had to be in the "bubble" as they refer to it to enjoy the magic fully. 

Having said that...now that our kids are all adults and starting their families...we've talked about getting an offsite rental home so that we can all be together on future trips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Was to Disney 3 times first time we stayed at the Music resort the first time. We felt like prisoners' staying onsite. Next to time we stayed off site was a better experience for the kids an us parents.

 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interesting perspective - we've done 17 WDW vacations. All onsite except for one. That one was one more than necessary, I vowed never to stay off property again. I felt like I had to be in the "bubble" as they refer to it to enjoy the magic fully. 

Having said that...now that our kids are all adults and starting their families...we've talked about getting an offsite rental home so that we can all be together on future trips. 

Having lived near Orlando for 15 years I have a perspective that one should know what Orlando really is before staying off site (like you surely do with so many trips.)  Lot's of people go to Disney and Bubble it which allows them to come away thinking Florida is the greatest place ever.   Then there are people who stay on what some would call moderate hotels along maybe 192 and they come away exhausted thinking Florida is a big tourist trap with lots of dangerous people hanging around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

 

Having lived near Orlando for 15 years I have a perspective that one should know what Orlando really is before staying off site (like you surely do with so many trips.)  Lot's of people go to Disney and Bubble it which allows them to come away thinking Florida is the greatest place ever.   Then there are people who stay on what some would call moderate hotels along maybe 192 and they come away exhausted thinking Florida is a big tourist trap with lots of dangerous people hanging around. 

Our daughter's future in laws live in Wyndemere. We got to spend some time with them back in December while we were down at Universal. They shared a lot about the central FL experience. :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our daughter's future in laws live in Wyndemere. We got to spend some time with them back in December while we were down at Universal. They shared a lot about the central FL experience. :)  

Even Wyndemere, which is million-dollar houses, has to leave and feel like they are in a third world country sometimes.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great. I'll have to come back here in a few years when I get dragged to Disney.

I have family in St Pete. After several vacations there, which included a trip to Disney and several trips to Cocoa Beach, I left Florida thinking it was just alligators and Jews.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

Great. I'll have to come back here in a few years when I get dragged to Disney.

I have family in St Pete. After several vacations there, which included a trip to Disney and several trips to Cocoa Beach, I left Florida thinking it was just alligators and Jews.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
 

You are near what I consider to be the best beaches when in St. Pete.  Sarasota/Siesta Key/Long Boat/Anna Maria. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

Great. I'll have to come back here in a few years when I get dragged to Disney.

I have family in St Pete. After several vacations there, which included a trip to Disney and several trips to Cocoa Beach, I left Florida thinking it was just alligators and Jews.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
 

Did you go to the HUGE Ron Jon shop in Cocoa Beach? The look on our kid's faces when we took them there for the first time was priceless. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...