Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

15 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

That hotel is a dump. He's got his kids with him so it's not like he can have skeezy, halfway to Trashcanistan in a shithole hotel sex, either.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They used to have a "room" there called The Dirty Old Man shop but think it is closed now.  It was everything you would expect for a back room at South of the Border.  LOL 

Stopped ther many years ago it was a dump. Went to take a piss. This older back women came in when there were about 6 men taking a piss. She had a hand held sprayer spraying some sort of deodorizer or chemical on the urinals and toilet seats. While we were all urinating! I figured WTF!

Stopped ther many years ago it was a dump. Went to take a piss. This older back women came in when there were about 6 men taking a piss. She had a hand held sprayer spraying some sort of deodorizer or chemical on the urinals and toilet seats. While we were all urinating! I figured WTF!
That LaShonda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Frankstown Branch of the Juniata by Birmingham on Rte 453 is close to caving the road. There is so. much. water.

I’d imagine the gauge station down the road from there near Spruce Creek will get above flood stage and they’ll need an actual warning for that branch which is the Little Juniata. Moderate flood stage at 10ft is roughly the benchmark for the road caving to the river along that stretch of 453. 

image.png.00fda7b18e5734527355dd184902b172.pngr

Frankstown Branch follows 22 to Hollidaysburg, that one might be close to needing a warning too. This has probably been the highest QPF event of the winter around here outside of the 1/9 warning snow to 1”+ of rain. Got 1.65” in the gauge with one more wave of rain to get through this eve. 

14 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It has been a dump for a long time but it is part of many people's memories of growing up.  On the way down it is a relief when you pass....a marker that means you are getting closer.  I remember riding carnival rides there as a kid. But as someone else said the hotel was terrible.   That woman was just looking for the sausage Pedro promised her.

• Haha 1

It has been a dump for a long time but it is part of many people's memories of growing up.  On the way down it is a relief when you pass....a marker that means you are getting closer.  I remember riding carnival rides there as a kid. But as someone else said the hotel was terrible.   That woman was just looking for the sausage Pedro promised her.
I never got there before midnight so for us it was always a stretch the legs, take a piss, look around before getting back on the road. Even in the early 90s it was a hole.

15 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I never got there before midnight so for us it was always a stretch the legs, take a piss, look around before getting back on the road. Even in the early 90s it was a hole.

Dirty old man shop at midnight, Denny's Moons over My Hammy at 3AM

NWS throwing down the gauntlet for snow today.  Could be heavy at times. 

Today
A chance of rain and snow showers before 4pm, then a chance of snow showers between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Windy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 21 to 26 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do not see a lot of model support for a temp of 70 at MDT except one day next week.  35 here this AM. 

I don't think it's a question if it hits 70 at mdt, but these above and way above normal days are pushing the fruit trees and all the other foliage way too soon. Last year a fruit farm (Blylers) about 10 miles away as the crow flies lost their whole strawberry crop in May with that frost and freezes that month.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like we will go a good 72-hours without breaking 40 here.    February should be embarrassed letting March steal its thunder.   I see it is not quite as cold in the central LSV.  

The big discrepancy day I was referring to yesterday - it's 46 here and up to 47 already at MU.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The big discrepancy day I was referring to yesterday - it's 46 here and up to 47 already at MU.

PS at 47, MU is already 3 over their NWS forecast high and 6-7 over most models so the CAA must be lagging a bit, or temps are not mixing down as well as progged.   One of the Micheaux Forest therms is reading 33 right now with elevation.   The 40 at HGR and 35 here is modeled fairly well.