Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has it below freezing in Florida for the first full day of Spring. Ouch.   47 all the way down in Ft. Myers.  Impressive though just models right now. 

Good thing that I’ll miss the potential cold snap down there. Mrs. Blizz & my daughters would not have enjoyed cold temperatures in Florida.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good thing that I’ll miss the potential cold snap down there. Mrs. Blizz & my daughters would not have enjoyed cold temperatures in Florida.

That would make some Spring Breakers not happy.  Not the drunk kids, the people who spent 5K for a weekend at the beach. 

The first 7 days of March have been the warmest start to March in 20 years (2004). The warmest start in March history across all available Chester County sites was 50 years ago back in 1974. We look to turn chillier with closer to normal temps over the weekend with temps remaining in the 40's with rain tomorrow into Saturday night. We warm again during the next week before a pattern change to colder than normal starting toward the end of next week. Chester County wide records for today: High 80 degrees at Glenmoore / Honey Brook and Coatesville (2000) / Low zero West Chester (2007) / Rain 2.96" Coatesville (1995) / Snow 10.7" Phoenixville (1941)

image.png.af1683eec833dc3e9f60097050e0e4c6.png

• Like 1

yesterday i saw a guy mowing the lawn at the Korean Church out the road from me. On the way out he was on the John Deere, on my way back in he had the push mower trimming. i kinda chuckled to myself, however when i got home and took the grandpuppy out, i looked around. There is parts of my yard that need mowed too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

yesterday i saw a guy mowing the lawn at the Korean Church out the road from me. On the way out he was on the John Deere, on my way back in he had the push mower trimming. i kinda chuckled to myself, however when i got home and took the grandpuppy out, i looked around. There is parts of my yard that need mowed too.  

I have some stuff going on but if I get a chance, I'm mowing today. I have areas where my yard is out of control already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have some stuff going on but if I get a chance, I'm mowing today. I have areas where my yard is out of control already. 

We do not even have spring flowers up yet over here.  No one is ever going to catch you if you are mowing already!   I was looking this AM and thought I might have to weed whack the edges in late March as I do see some greening on the curbs. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

We do not even have spring flowers up yet over here.  No one is ever going to catch you if you are mowing already!   I was looking this AM and thought I might have to weed whack the edges in late March as I do see some greening on the curbs. 

We've had flowers up for a week and a half. There are area of my yard that are >6" high. 

If I do get to mow today, I will be the 3rd on my block this week to do so. I am behind some of my neighbors. One mowed last Sunday. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

i would mow today as well, but have afternoon plans. Maybe Sunday before wrestling

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

We've had flowers up for a week and a half. There are area of my yard that are >6" high. 

If I do get to mow today, I will be the 3rd on my block this week to do so. I am behind some of my neighbors. One mowed last Sunday. 

Yes me too. I'm thinking early weeding and tan barking 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i would mow today as well, but have afternoon plans. Maybe Sunday before wrestling

Braver man than me with the cold Sunday on tap. Wind Chills near or below freezing all day.   My Spring flowers were up in Feb last year.   More traditional spring this year over here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Next week will be full-bore spring. Looks like each day gets progressively warmer throughout the week. If colder weather does follow it's going to be a shock to more than just a lot of people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Braver man than me with the cold Sunday on tap. Wind Chills near or below freezing all day.   My Spring flowers were up in Feb last year.   More traditional spring this year over here. 

I completed my snow mow one year with air temps near 30. 

You do what you have to do. :) 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I completed my snow mow one year with air temps near 30. 

You do what you have to do. :) 

I have no chance to compete in this contest it appears.   My mower is withdrawn.  LOL.  I did order oil for it yesterday so that counts for something. 

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Friday Nooners: 55°F, sunny, and my back went the whole way out so I'm trying to find the correct amount of drugs to make life bearable.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

That’s what happens when you carry a message board on your back 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's pretty amazing.  I only have blotchy green clumps where the dog has peed.  At least a few more weeks to wait here.

Almost a certain prolonged Wind Advisory forthcoming.  WSW in northwest PA and Costal Flood Watch for the Chesapeake so at least there's pretty colors on my CTP map.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

They may need to issue a WSW or Advisory for the Laurels.   Temps may be a reason they do not but might be close.   Several meso's show 4-6" and Nam is around 8". 

Certainly an advisory looks probable there, and possibly some of the other counties in western PA along I-80 outside of the snow belt immediately off of Lake Erie. Temps at elevation in the Laurels look to be plenty cold (falling into the mid 20s Sunday), so snow will likely pile up once it gets going. Once east of the Laurels likely nothing major accum wise, however there could be some potent squalls that traverse the central counties on Sunday. 

With regard to WSW potential, duration is likely a factor in probably not seeing amounts like that in the Laurels outside of the very highest elevations. The back lash event itself looks potent though, with -10 to -12ºC 850mb air coming across the well above average and unfrozen lakes. Couple that with March solar and daytime instability and I think we’ll see some long reaching squalls and potential snow squall warnings especially in the central part of the state as mentioned. Surface temps in the Sus Valley will be warmer but anything stronger that makes it over there will likely crash temps and become snow. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Certainly an advisory looks probable there, and possibly some of the other counties in western PA along I-80 outside of the snow belt immediately off of Lake Erie. Temps at elevation in the Laurels look to be plenty cold (falling into the mid 20s Sunday), so snow will likely pile up once it gets going. Once east of the Laurels likely nothing major accum wise, however there could be some potent squalls that traverse the central counties on Sunday. 

With regard to WSW potential, duration is likely a factor in probably not seeing amounts like that in the Laurels outside of the very highest elevations. The back lash event itself looks potent though, with -10 to -12ºC 850mb air coming across the well above average and unfrozen lakes. Couple that with March solar and daytime instability and I think we’ll see some long reaching squalls and potential snow squall warnings especially in the central part of the state as mentioned. Surface temps in the Sus Valley will be warmer but anything stronger that makes it over there will likely crash temps and become snow. 

Sunday could be one of the more wintery type days we have had this "season".   The wind is going to make everyone cold even if it near 40.