Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

45 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Outside the low rain issues to topsoil if it does not rain for a couple weeks, I wonder if we get any drought declarations this year.   Could be a drought free summer if we get at least occasional rain.   I say this with the knowledge of what looks like a wet or white period coming up over the next 2 weeks. 

Maybe you will have the chance to get on the medal stand in the annual mow count competition this year?

0.83" of rain so far here in East Nantmeal. Some other area totals Atgen 0.72" /Warwick 0.75" / Chester Springs 0.82" / Glenmoore 0.84"/ Kennett Square 0.96" / West Bradford 0.93" / West Chester 0.93". Rain should continue through much of today with another 0.50" to 0.75" possible. Sun returns tomorrow and temps should get close to 60 degrees.
County wide records for today: High 76 degrees Phoenixville (1972) / Low 1 above Phoenixville (1967) / Rain 1.65" West Grove (1954) / Snow 12.0" Devault (1969)
image.png.d498782283fb20006dbfb6193b0cb7ba.png
  • Like 1

12z GFS would bring a tear to my eye as I begin my journey to Florida for vacation next Saturday am…

Either way, I will be be rooting for any snow chance to support the greater good!

This run has a long duration Winter storm for a good chunk of CTP next weekend.

IMG_5476.png

IMG_5477.png

IMG_5478.png

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

12z GFS would bring a tear to my eye as I begin my journey to Florida for vacation next Saturday am…

Either way, I will be be rooting for any snow chance to support the greater good!

This run has a long duration Winter storm for a good chunk of CTP next weekend.

IMG_5476.png

IMG_5477.png

IMG_5478.png

Our snow map days are dwindling…

Here is the 12z GFS for the next weekend period.

IMG_5479.png

28" fell overnight at Mammoth on 2.84" of QPF. High winds are causing fracking of the snow and reducing accumulations somewhat. They may only end up in the 55-80" range as winds continue to increase. There was a gust earlier this morning of 112 mph at the 9600' station.

• Thanks 1

28" fell overnight at Mammoth on 2.84" of QPF. High winds are causing fracking of the snow and reducing accumulations somewhat. They may only end up in the 55-80" range as winds continue to increase. There was a gust earlier this morning of 112 mph at the 9600' station.
How do you even measure in those winds

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

How do you even measure in those winds

I have no idea. I follow a guy who lives there that has a great informative website called mammothsnowman.com. I pull my information from him, and he'll often say during severe storms like this that some of the amounts are estimated.

I have no idea. I follow a guy who lives there that has a great informative website called mammothsnowman.com. I pull my information from him, and he'll often say during severe storms like this that some of the amounts are estimated.
Do the bars stay open during the storms up there

6 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

ALEET ALEET… The 6z GFS is not listening to the “it’s never gonna snow again” crowd.

Might as well post the maps for next Sunday night just so everyone can dissect why it’s impossible…

•  

I know you posted this in the neighboring thread as well but our subforum has been actually pretty good with the negativity all things considered. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is the most accurate public forum post that you have ever made.

I also mow the grass for both of my neighbors in addition to mine, so my question for the competition committee would be do they count individually? Because that might be the only way I’m competitive since regardless of whatever happens this month.. first mow (aka mulching twigs and branches) usually happens about the second week or so of April around here haha. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I know you posted this in the neighboring thread as well but our subforum has been actually pretty good with the negativity all things considered. 

I also mow the grass for both of my neighbors in addition to mine, so my question for the competition committee would be do they count individually? Because that might be the only way I’m competitive since regardless of whatever happens this month.. first mow (aka mulching twigs and branches) usually happens about the second week or so of April around here haha. 

I haven't seen hardly any negatively in our thread at all.

Regardless of what the executive team decides, you have to be at least an honorary champion for managing 3 yards. That's impressive.

My morning post was mostly poking a little fun at the Mid Atlantic forum. Some posters down there have recently complained that they can’t even get much modeled snow to show up. 
I agree, most in our group have not thrown in the towel yet on Winter chances this month.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My morning post was mostly poking a little fun at the Mid Atlantic forum. Some posters down there have recently complained that they can’t even get much modeled snow to show up. 
I agree, most in our group have not thrown in the towel yet on Winter chances this month.

They are in total meltdown mode. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Final number here looks to be .82" of rain.

Speaking of plentiful rain, I just made a grass inspection and except for the areas the tree guy put down food for our maples, there is nothing yet.  I would not say it looks like Jan 15th grass, but I am weeks away from growth that would need a cut. I would have to set my mower high and mower 3-4 times on purpose this summer (instead of one mow) to keep up with you. 

• Like 1

Speaking of plentiful rain, I just made a grass inspection and except for the areas the tree guy put down food for our maples, there is nothing yet.  I would not say it looks like Jan 15th grass, but I am weeks away from growth that would need a cut. I would have to set my mower high and mower 3-4 times on purpose this summer (instead of one mow) to keep up with you. 
He feeds his grass "grass meth"

• Haha 1