Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It has basically stayed 34 now for over 12 hours.  Way below average for high and way above average for low. 

My temp was 39 from 4:45pm yesterday until 8:12am this morning. 

45 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.24” of rain and a low of 38. 

Matched your rainfall total exactly. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Watch em get a 40" April

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sno biz folk cant really cash in much by April.  Man do I feel for those folks. 

Smart businesses realize that snow biz can mean no biz, and are stating to encourage other non snow dependent activities to support them during other seasons.  its happening in much of Pa.  Denton hill ski area is under new ownership and has suggested that theyll have other non snow season acitivities to attract business.  Good idea.  

12 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Sno biz folk cant really cash in much by April.  Man do I feel for those folks. 

Smart businesses realize that snow biz can mean no biz, and are stating to encourage other non snow dependent activities to support them during other seasons.  its happening in much of Pa.  Denton hill ski area is under new ownership and has suggested that theyll have other non snow season acitivities to attract business.  Good idea.  

Yep, a lot of PA ski areas are now year-round destinations offering paint ball, ropes courses, scenic chair lift rides, etc. It's all about maximizing the potential cash cows at all sorts of different venues. They're doing the same thing at PSU with Beaver Stadium - they have the 2nd largest stadium in the US and have only used it for a total of 8 events a year...7 fall games and the spring game. Now, here come the concerts and other opportunities to add revenue. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, a lot of PA ski areas are now year-round destinations offering paint ball, ropes courses, scenic chair lift rides, etc. It's all about maximizing the potential cash cows at all sorts of different venues. They're doing the same thing at PSU with Beaver Stadium - they have the 2nd largest stadium in the US and have only used it for a total of 8 events a year...7 fall games and the spring game. Now, here come the concerts and other opportunities to add revenue. 

I love that Ski Liberty is open all year (mostly golf related) as the restaurant is hardly ever full.  

• Like 1

They have a lot going for them that Roundtop does not - they have onsite lodging there as well...correct?
My daughter goes to an outdoor adventure day camp at roundtop for a week each summer. She loves it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nooners-cloudy and damp.  39.  Earlier this week some models had today in the 60's. 

12Z CMC has most of PA with accum snow as the front passes next Thursday (questionable of course).  Before that, GFS and CMC Spring Fling next week with 2 maybe 3 days in the 60's (maybe even a 70) then another weekend well below normal cold shot not too dissimilar to what we have this weekend.   The following week is mostly normal to slightly above normal highs until a warmup end week

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Its just smart business, and based on what i know about Beaver stadium, and costs associated with going to see something there, quite a large cash cow.

• Like 1

Big loser of Estadio Beaver being winterized is Cumberland Valley School District, as I guarantee the second the giant erector set is able to host the PIAA State Football Championships, they're headed to State College.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Big loser of Estadio Beaver being winterized is Cumberland Valley School District, as I guarantee the second the giant erector set is able to host the PIAA State Football Championships, they're headed to State College.

I heard Hershey was making a big push to get it back. However, i would not be surprised to see State Championships in State College. Softball and baseball is already there 

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

I’m pretty sure the real reason it’s being winterized is because of the new expanded CFP. Home teams in the bracket would be hosting at their own stadium for the first round of the playoffs (slated for Dec 20-21 this coming season) . Not that you could do much to winterize the parking situation with all the grass parking around the stadium if it were to actually act like winter in mid-late December. 

• Like 1

I heard Hershey was making a big push to get it back. However, i would not be surprised to see State Championships in State College. Softball and baseball is already there 
Hersheypark stadium just seems to be... underwhelming for the gravity of a state championship game. CV should absolutely not rank over Hersheypark for anything but the first time I drove past that campus, I was blown away. And that never really went away.

Mansion Park in Toontown was not much different from Hersheypark stadium, and that tells you about as much as you need to know.

Having it at Penn State just makes sense. Biggest school in the state, football-wise. The television camera from PCN would love it. Just makes too much sense.

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Hersheypark stadium just seems to be... underwhelming for the gravity of a state championship game. CV should absolutely not rank over Hersheypark for anything but the first time I drove past that campus, I was blown away. And that never really went away.

Mansion Park in Toontown was not much different from Hersheypark stadium, and that tells you about as much as you need to know.

Having it at Penn State just makes sense. Biggest school in the state, football-wise. The television camera from PCN would love it. Just makes too much sense.

agreed

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Having a title game at CV is a joke. Congrats kids for an amazing year, go play the biggest game of your life at a high school stadium!

• Like 1

Having a title game at CV is a joke. Congrats kids for an amazing year, go play the biggest game of your life at a high school stadium!
Well they were chosen because the PIAA office is next door, is it not?