Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Back home in West Hempfield and 3.1” is going in the books. And a light midday snow has broken out here to boot! 

Exactly what I measured. It was a great show for about an hour overnight. Honestly glad I stayed up and went out in it. Visibility was down to a couple hundred feet.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

@MAG5035incoming !!

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Snow squall warning approaching @MAG5035 !

It was pretty legit, I was out running errands whenever it arrived. I thought boy this could probably use a snow squall warning and I checked my phone and there was one already issued haha. 

Fresh wind driven coating and high gust of about 30mph. Despite all that and the temperature going from 28 to less than 22ºF at the height of the squall, no caving of any asphalt surface. 

• Like 2

Well, the snow squall just flew through here about 15 minutes ago.  While the winds were briefly blowing 20 mph the snow was flying around like a blizzard.  Temp went from 34 at the start to 29.1 in about 15 minutes.  That 29.1 tied my low from this morning.  No accumulations.  I love squalls because you can typically see them coming from miles away.  I was out walking my dog with the sun shining.  Half-way through the walk I noticed dark clouds off to my northwest, getting closer and closer.  I was back inside for maybe 5 minutes before the squall got underway.  If you aren't driving on a highway, squalls are an exciting part of wintertime weather.

At 2:49 blue skies have returned with the sun and everything looks like nothing happened.  Temp back up to 30.7 with the sun out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

All roads in my area were covered overnight. The band that one band was intense enough to pull it off. Everything had melted on the roads by shortly after sunrise.

The roads were covered overnight in Marysville with temps in the low 30s. The sidewalks accumulated snow as well. I needed to use the snowblower this morning to clear the sidewalks & plowed in areas.

The 7 inch event in Marysville was my largest of the season. 
I’m now at 25.5” for the season to date.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One of the heaviest squalls in recent memory is here - melted grassy areas are getting covered. Temp has crashed to 29 quickly.

There have been off & on snow showers today with no additional accumulation.

Some blowing snow with the occasional snow showers has made today feel quite Wintry.