• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

NWS and others say Williamsport gets almost nothing at under 2. AccuWeather still sticking with the prior program. I do not know why:

TONIGHT'S WEATHER

MON, FEB 12

Snow; rain mixed in early, accumulating 4-8 inches; slippery conditions may lead to travel disruptions Lo: 34°

Tomorrow: 1-3 inches of snow early in the morning; mostly cloudy and breezy; storm total 4-8"; dangerous travel in the morning with some improvement in the afternoon Hi: 41°

8 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

NWS and others say Williamsport gets almost nothing at under 2. AccuWeather still sticking with the prior program. I do not know why:

TONIGHT'S WEATHER

MON, FEB 12

Snow; rain mixed in early, accumulating 4-8 inches; slippery conditions may lead to travel disruptions Lo: 34°

Tomorrow: 1-3 inches of snow early in the morning; mostly cloudy and breezy; storm total 4-8"; dangerous travel in the morning with some improvement in the afternoon Hi: 41°

damn its the other way for me nws saying we get hit hard accurate and local mets are not impressed with it saying slush 1-2 or maybe most 1-4

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

.05" of rain and 42.1 degrees currently.

Even where the max snow stripe is - amounts are much less with each run. 24 hours ago the amounts were well north of 10"...about half of that now.

I believe maps have always been way off  - it’s just not cold and ultimately that matters. Even heavy snow can’t overcome 35-40 degree air for hours on end to do anything but be white rain. CTP has said main roads won’t be much of an issue at all but I think they need almost a diff warning criteria for travel with this type of system. Who really cares or remembers if there is a 10” car topper-only storm? 

11 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

I do believe we are seeing the tongue of where the precip is breaking out now hinting where the heavy QPF and banding will ultimately be…right around I-81/78/76 corridor

IMG_4343.jpeg

I vividly remember a storm back in 1/78 while in college living just south of Bwi. It's on the Nesis list. But I  saw the precip (snow with that storm) coming from the same vicinity miss me to the NW for hours as I  cursed it knowing they were getting decent accumulations. ENE/NE jackpoted with it (1'+) while I  got around 4", then sleet with a change back to pity flakes to remind me I was unworthy.

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

CBS21 sticking with c-2” for most everyone south of MDT.  Says it’ll be done by 9 am.

this storm is a very strange disconnect nws says over around 12-2 abc 27 and whp 21 are saying 9-10 and less then nothing except on grass 

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looking ahead - Saturday looks intriguing.  

Yes. I think we have a solid chance Saturday, it gets cold (wasted cold), then turns warmer.  If the SSW occurs starting the 17th or so, Chuck over in the MA forum claims we see results in around 10 days; it's quicker later in the season. Anyway, after the warm period we have a shot at a late season bomb...or another tease.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Yes. I think we have a solid chance Saturday, it gets cold (wasted cold), then turns warmer.  If the SSW occurs starting the 17th or so, Chuck over in the MA forum claims we see results in around 10 days; it's quicker later in the season. Anyway, after the warm period we have a shot at a late season bomb...or another tease.

I should add, Icon is mainly north of me and Euro is mainly south. We've found out today anything's possible.

1 what did happen to this so cold cold streak after 15th? 2 it looks like all the mets local and most national are downplaying not buying what models and saying except for it being more south. they are throwing any signs of more then a few wet inchs out the window. but yet they still say a time where heavy snow will be around. does any one here remember a time where the local and most national meteorologists forecasted the opposite of what the models said  if they showed snow and they said not that much or where the model showed almost nothing and they go out on a limb and say 6-10 inchs