Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

12 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

18z Euro looks meh. It's only because of that dang thing being so encouraging the past 2 days that I  was optimistic, only to shiat the bed on the end.

Canderson, I  hope you have a mediocre time while in Europe.

Do you have a sub to one of the model sites?  Will be helpful if you do :-).  Blizz's work gets in the way during the day. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do you have a sub to one of the model sites?  Will be helpful if you do :-).  Blizz's work gets in the way during the day. 

I'm retired. I have nothing to do but look at wx sites, find new home improvements, babysit, and complain...and not necessarily in that order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'm retired. I have nothing to do but look at wx sites, find new home improvements, babysit, and complain...and not necessarily in that order.

I thought you were going to saw you are retired and do not want to spend the cash on the premium site!  Ps, never been to cross keys diner?  How?  Lol

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thought you were going to saw you are retired and do not want to spend the cash on the premium site!  Ps, never been to cross keys diner?  How?  Lol

I have Pivotal pay site.  They have everything the other sites have with the exception of Hemispheric Euro and Eps maps. All they have are conus, but I  make due.

Cross Keys Diner closed last year. I  wasn't sure if that was the one the poster from Dillsburg was talking about or not so I  made a point to look today when I  drove by. Property went up for auction last year and whoever bought it has been trying to sell it ever since. Want to reopen a diner? Lol

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

I have Pivotal pay site.  They have everything the other sites have with the exception of Hemispheric Euro and Eps maps. All they have are conus, but I  make due.

Cross Keys Diner closed last year. I  wasn't sure if that was the one the poster from Dillsburg was talking about or not so I  made a point to look today when I  drove by. Property went up for auction last year and whoever bought it has been trying to sell it ever since. Want to reopen a diner? Lol

It did close.  Thinking about it, maybe that was before you moved up here so that makes more sense.  I bought some stuff from their auction. Not a fan of their location though as to pass by traffic.  So many coming east turn at the circle in New Oxford and skip cross keys.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

I like still seeing precip emerging from the Gulf near the FL panhandle.

Good precip is moving north out of Georgia & the western Carolinas.

Yes. Just looking at Georgia radar and water vapor. Links to wv on top and radar on the bottom. On wv, check out how the clouds are expanding westward near KY and how radar in the state of GA is exploding/filling in. I like the trajectory too.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=LWX-N0C-1-24-100-usa-rad

https://cyclonicwx.com/radar/seus/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

That bright line moving east should be the rain/snow line.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=LWX-N0C-1-24-100-usa-rad

This line is well past me now so maybe can surmise it was seeing snow or sleet above but still not cold enough just above the surface for a full change.  SPC Meso 850 line is very close to me but 925 is not. 

5 hours ago, mitchnick said:

And people asked why I  stopped posting there 5 and a half years ago. Lurking is enough for me.

You're a better man than I.  No lurking needed for me.  I miss a few posters, but do not miss sifting through the rubble.  I left shortly after you did, and you, Chill and PSU (and prob a few others that I forgot to mention) were the main reasons I stayed for as long as I did.  Some here think it aint happening unless they say so.  While three's a good bit of talent down there, our area can be notably different in outcomes, and sometimes I found myself getting caught up in what they were rooting for while it was snowing IMBY.    

• Like 1