Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

14 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

You and your sun. I feel like I've been lost in fog for a week over here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The nam did a good job forecasting that leading up to this weekend.  Never showed the Lsv breaking into the mid to upper 50's until today.  No valley here to get socked in.

Nam vacillated back to a much more impressive presentation in the cold sector precip for tonight.   One of its better snow runs as temps are just 1-2 above freezing when snowing.   3K improved as well but quite elevation dependent.   The resulting snow depths are nowhere near this good but at this stage it is "take what you can."

image.thumb.png.b7cc0d087a8954b1368624547a1a45a3.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam vacillated back to a much more impressive presentation in the cold sector precip for tonight.   One of its better snow runs as temps are just 1-2 above freezing when snowing.   3K improved as well but quite elevation dependent.   The resulting snow depths are nowhere near this good but at this stage it is "take what you can."

Yes, best NAM run since yesterday!

Good low position for Susquehanna Valley snow.

IMG_3559.png

IMG_3556.png

2 hours ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

Well my friend being 67 years old I've seen many great snowstorms and winters; and been so disappointed in just as many misses and lousy winters. So many memories.  I'm sure we'll get along fine.

Yeah, it's funny how everybody thinks everybody else to their north and west just automatically gets more snow than them with every event. But trust me when I  say my old digs south of Baltimore rarely scored better than any other location. 

Anyway, I  trust you knew I was kidding. Welcome aboard. 

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Amen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Down to 52 here after a peak of 59.   LNS got to 61 or 60.  Another story here, mentioned by JNS I think, is the somewhat paltry totals after having flood watches.   So far, we have had about 1/2" and MDT about .30 but it has been a slog to get there.  

I’m only at .35 of rain today so far.

Current temperature is 51

Hopefully the heavier precip holds off until overnight with the secondary low in the form of snow.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The MA LR thread is quite "sad".  The op GFS run today was super ugly but people punting into Mid Jan now based on ensemble patterns.    

I don't know why. 5H looks good on both the Gefs and Geps, and that was after looking lousy 2 days ago. Just need a little time to cool things down. Euro looks like the other 2 from late last week. I  expect it will come around, but we'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, mitchnick said:

I don't know why. 5H looks good on both the Gefs and Geps, and that was after looking lousy 2 days ago. Just need a little time to cool things down. Euro looks like the other 2 from late last week. I  expect it will come around, but we'll see.

Ninja'd by Blizzard of 93!