• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

While many are gong to the Funky Murphy GTG on 12/2, let's renew the Boston GTG at Clarke's Boston at Faneuil Hall.  

I'm proposing Tuesday, 12/20/2023 (5 days before Christmas) for a festive night of weenie city.   Clarke's is the last place many of us saw James when he came with his friend.  I'm glad we got a chance to meet him in person before his sad departure.

Post your interest ITT.  Will and Garth have expressed interest and many others have come in the past.   Let's do this and bring back snowy winters!

Tuesday 12/19 (apparently Clarke's is no longer open Mondays per web hours listed).'

https://www.clarkesboston.com/index.html

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

"As I get colder, I don't mind the torches so much"....you have said something to that effect on several different occasions. 

Well that's different lol. I embrace the summer wx. I don't mind it.   I still hate a "torch" in winter. Makes me want to put turf on my yard with the effing mud.

• Weenie 1

18 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Somehow the times I've gone to Clarkes I've been lucky with the on street parking.  ...Which is a miracle especially this time of year, and that area of town. 

If you get to that area in the 5-6pm range right after work, you can find quite a few spots. Kind of that narrow sweet spot or window where people who were there during the day are leaving, but before the evening crowd arrives. But usually by 6:30-7 the spots are gone. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you get to that area in the 5-6pm range right after work, you can find quite a few spots. Kind of that narrow sweet spot or window where people who were there during the day are leaving, but before the evening crowd arrives. But usually by 6:30-7 the spots are gone. 

I was actually able to find parking there before...not sure how I'll play it yet. I work right next door in Chelsea, so I may just drive in.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The big question is whether or not there's a game at the Garden that night.  There is a Bruins game on the 19th.  I've found spots on Canal Street but more likely in places like New Chardon Street which is about a 5-10 minute walk to Clarke's.

Maybe we move to 12/20 Wednesday? Bruins are off that day and Celtics are out playing in Sacramento that night so we’d be in good shape. 

On 11/27/2023 at 10:42 PM, weathafella said:

While many are gong to the Funky Murphy GTG on 12/2, let's renew the Boston GTG at Clarke's Boston at Faneuil Hall.  

I'm proposing Tuesday, 12/19/2023 (6 days before Christmas) for a festive night of weenie city.   Clarke's is the last place many of us saw James when he came with his friend.  I'm glad we got a chance to meet him in person before his sad departure.

Post your interest ITT.  Will and Garth have expressed interest and many others have come in the past.   Let's do this and bring back snowy winters!

Tuesday 12/19 (apparently Clarke's is no longer open Mondays per web hours listed).'

https://www.clarkesboston.com/index.html

20151221_190934.jpg

20151221_201017.jpg

20151221_190959.jpg

Great pics. Was that the 2017 gathering? I remember me, Scott and Jerry looking at the NAM that night and thinking “hmmm, the 12/23 system doesn’t exactly look like a cutter…that looks really icy”….turned out to be legit icing right into BOS during that. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Great pics. Was that the 2017 gathering? I remember me, Scott and Jerry looking at the NAM that night and thinking “hmmm, the 12/23 system doesn’t exactly look like a cutter…that looks really icy”….turned out to be legit icing right into BOS during that. 

Yeah that was the 84 hour NAM perusal.  I’m amazed at how much younger and thinner I looked 6 years ago!

17 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

15 hours ago, weathafella said:

Yeah that was the 84 hour NAM perusal.  I’m amazed at how much younger and thinner I looked 6 years ago!

This is 2014 Clarke's a rainy night little did we now we were a month away from the greatest 6 week period of winter ever.

1222141849.jpg

1222141903a.jpg

1222141938.jpg

1222141816c.jpg

1222141946a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is 2014 Clarke's a rainy night little did we now we were a month away from the greatest 6 week period of winter ever.

1222141849.jpg

1222141903a.jpg

1222141938.jpg

1222141816c.jpg

1222141946a.jpg

Great memories Steve!   I think we had another one at Funky’s a month later and I was worried about the futility record.  Will predicted a total for Logan of 53 inches.  End result was more than double that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weathafella said:

Great memories Steve!   I think we had another one at Funky’s a month later and I was worried about the futility record.  Will predicted a total for Logan of 53 inches.  End result was more than double that.

Yes and you and I had a friendly wager about futility. I don't know if I could handle another 2015 physically.  Was an exhausting period lol