• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2023-2024 Winter Discussion

JoMo

El Nino winter coming up. I've seen mentions of 2009/2010 (Good winter), 2002/2003 (Great winter) and 2015/2016 (Poor winter) around the internet. Hopefully the El Nino will give us more moisture and hopefully it will be in the form of snow.

• Like 3

Seeing some analogs referring to the 1957-58, 1976-77, and 2009-10 seasons for this winter. Some interesting years there in my neck of the woods.

Also an article talking about it. https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/featured-stories/your-weather-authoritys-official-2023-2024-winter-forecast/?fbclid=IwAR18RsWkMnBT3So4VZWvmcyFsixq0qvEPHMb_JCMU2QRYbg6XWeTHAXIX0E

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, StormChazer said:

Wichita seems to have gotten it good today!

Just on the southeast side of Wichita and received roughly 7". One of my favorite snows of all time. Beautiful snow with large flakes and very little wind. Great start to the 2023-2024 winter as the moisture is much appreciated around here. 

• Like 2

Biggest storm in nearly a decade

Wichita Eisenhower saw 7.8" of snow yesterday. This broke the daily record of 6.8" set in 1952, and was the city's greatest snowfall since Feb 4, 2014. It was the 2nd greatest 1-day Nov snowfall (1st is 8.7" on Nov 9, 1888). Nov 2023 will likely go down as Wichita's 4th snowiest Nov on record, and the snowiest since Nov 1951.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RocketWX said:

Just on the southeast side of Wichita and received roughly 7". One of my favorite snows of all time. Beautiful snow with large flakes and very little wind. Great start to the 2023-2024 winter as the moisture is much appreciated around here. 

I finished with 8” here on the west side of Wichita. A beautiful snow, and hope there’s more coming this winter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stormdragonwx said:

I will be curious to see if the Southern Plains east of I-35 into the Ozarks will see a decent winter system before the year is out. There's a chance hinted at on the models around the 11th or so but that's way up in the air. I'll admit last winter kinda spoiled me after years of drought when it comes to snow. lol

Yeah the Euro shows promise every now and then for that system around the 10th-11th, but still a long way away and everything has to come together just right.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like some snow showers will be possible on Christmas for some areas, probably KS most likely under the upper low. And then things might get more interesting as we head into the first week or two of Jan as it looks like the ridging over Canada starts re-developing WNW towards Alaska which should allow more cold air to get involved with an active storm track across the southern US. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Attention turns to January 9th-11th, looks like a consensus on cold air, now if we could just lock in the GFS at 2 weeks out that would be great, HAH.

I just checked the GFS after reading your post. Yeah. I say we lock that storm in. Gives me a little over 2 feet of snow. I could use a few weeks off work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1