• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2023-2024 Winter Discussion

JoMo

I don’t have much expectations for this Mon/Tues storm, my eyes are entirely fixed on Friday.

As a resident of NE OK, I’d love for just a slight nudge southward on this track. Last night they nudged north, so hopefully the noon runs can move south by…25, 50 miles. 
Seems like every system so far this winter has just grazed us to the north. 
I think she could really be the one, mom.

It’s all real knife-edge stuff for us in SEMO as well as all the models show near-misses with us getting a couple inches while the central part of the state is blasted into nuclear winter.

But as they say elsewhere on the boards, we got the cold coming and the moisture will be there… “just happy to be in the game” at this point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MUWX said:

It’s always the next system that’s going to be the one. Not getting my hopes up for Friday. 

I'm kind of just happy there are at least threats. I don't get my hopes up until 24 hours before though, lol

• Like 1

I physically can’t help myself. No matter how many times I’m let down, I’m like an addict needing their next fix.

Because eventually it’ll pan out, and that feeling of hype and it coming to fruition will be unmatched.

That being said, the GFS is our champion this afternoon.

The Canadian is out to lunch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

I physically can’t help myself. No matter how many times I’m let down, I’m like an addict needing their next fix.

Because eventually it’ll pan out, and that feeling of hype and it coming to fruition will be unmatched.

That being said, the GFS is our champion this afternoon.

The Canadian is out to lunch.

I remember those days. The sleepless nights because the next model run is just a few hours away. The excitement and anticipation and the buildup of the run, and then the agony of defeat when the model showed the storm going to the north, but wait....... the next model run is just a few hours away, and it'll be different this time..........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JoMo said:

I remember those days. The sleepless nights because the next model run is just a few hours away. The excitement and anticipation and the buildup of the run, and then the agony of defeat when the model showed the storm going to the north, but wait....... the next model run is just a few hours away, and it'll be different this time..........

It’s so nice to know other people go through this. Most people just don’t understand weather model addiction. The worst part is when someone wants to make small talk about the weather and I want to do a frame by frame breakdown of why everything they just said was completely incorrect. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NWAflizzard said:

It’s so nice to know other people go through this. Most people just don’t understand weather model addiction. The worst part is when someone wants to make small talk about the weather and I want to do a frame by frame breakdown of why everything they just said was completely incorrect. 

YES! THIS!! Someone says, “oh my app says it’s going to snow in a few days”. Meanwhile, you’ve obsessed run after run for the last 5 days in said storm and know the latest and greatest, but because their app says so, you don’t really know that much more than them.

My pet peeve has always been the nay sayers…you tell them there’s a good chance of snow, with your hours of researching, and they just say, “it’s not going to snow, it’s been too warm.” And then they just accept it as fact.

Makes me want to scream.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoMo said:

I took have been down that rabbit hole lol, back in the early/mid 2000s when this forum was elsewhere... The longggg sleepless nights, hell I'm too old for that anymore even as much of a snow weenie that I am! Now I just accept that it is what it is and hope for the best

• Like 3

12z Euro is coming in different with the Friday system due to upstream developments. Not nearly as big of a deal this run due to separation of systems and not really any development of the southern system. Tues system was a bit farther north.

Tuesday system going farther north on the 18z GFS. Friday system still looks good, but we aren't 24 hours away from it yet, so it'll probably end up in Iowa or something by the time we get to Fri.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Tuesday system going farther north on the 18z GFS. Friday system still looks good, but we aren't 24 hours away from it yet, so it'll probably end up in Iowa or something by the time we get to Fri.

I think it's more likely for the Friday system to get suppressed south/shift too weak than cut that severely. That -NAO block is stout.

42 minutes ago, andyhb said:

I think it's more likely for the Friday system to get suppressed south/shift too weak than cut that severely. That -NAO block is stout.

Do you think the MON/TUE system will shift south? In reading the AFDs from DDC and ICT, their mets seem to think so.

2 minutes ago, MUWX said:

My goodness. The Friday storm is simply incredible…. Can’t wait for the north trend. 

See the 00z GEM for the north trend, lol.. Crazy differences after that between the GEM/GFS.