• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

Second storm with total weeks snowfall and very cold temps. The second snowfall is mainly all upslope snow and this is a very prominent signal. This would be a multi-day event that could give the most favorable areas a foot of pow pow. This stuff would be crazy high ratios.prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma (2).jpgprateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma (3).jpgprateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma (4).jpgprateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma (5).jpgsn10_acc-imp.us_ma (1).jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just now, Met1985 said:

Yep we just both posted about that. What have I been saying? This is the best look yet statewide. 

Ya, I deleted after I saw your post. We posted around the same time. I'll be damned if all the models want to give KCLT that 0.4" of snow somehow!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Total snow for the week as is and how cold it looks. The super cold has backed off but if we are getting flow snow in the teens the ratios are going to be much higher than 10 to 1.sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I will Gladly take this totals map and run. However, would love to see this move further south as sometimes the out running finger will give you the finger .

All and all nice runs over night. Great disco also guys!

• Like 1

We could see a very high end Northwest Flow event on Friday and into Saturday if we have a low bomb out over the Great Lakes. With the ULL as well that looks awesome. This would be the type to bring Downtown Asheville an inch or two if it verifies.

Obviously this did not verify. Admittedly I think I was a bit over zealous. The low trended a bit more north, but I think we get better flow into Asheville when the low bombs out on the coast. Hoping to see some good backside flow with this next system late Tuesday.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Obviously this did not verify. Admittedly I think I was a bit over zealous. The low trended a bit more north, but I think we get better flow into Asheville when the low bombs out on the coast. Hoping to see some good backside flow with this next system late Tuesday.

You know we always get some great flow snows when we have a strong cold low on the coast.  Several times we've had this happen and deliver.  

• Like 2

One thing I am noticing on the 6z Euro is the idea of the stream staying intact for a longer duration.  Check out the banding that is showing Tuesday morning now across parts of AL, MS, & GA.  Looking back at the past several Euro runs this is by far the most moisture being shown across those areas in that time frame.  Also shows it as frozen.  That SW directional flow would still support the fire hose into WNC.

prat2eptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_se.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hvward said:

One thing I am noticing on the 6z Euro is the idea of the stream staying intact for a longer duration.  Check out the banding that is showing Tuesday morning now across parts of AL, MS, & GA.  Looking back at the past several Euro runs this is by far the most moisture being shown across those areas in that time frame.  Also shows it as frozen.  That SW directional flow would still support the fire hose into WNC.

prat2eptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_se.png

This feature reminds me of the torrential rainfall we saw at the first of the week having literally streams of moisture come right from over the gulf stream. I would think this would bode very well in tossing more moisture into the system and for a longer duration.  But great catch and you the man. 

• Like 2