Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:

19 here and 12 at the bottom of the mountain.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder if I’m just inversion prone at my spot kinda like you, especially sitting on a ridge dividing Crabtree and Sandy Mush valleys. I may have to move to the Plotts up around 6’k to consistently be as low as or lower than@Met1985 lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mercurydime said:

That Clear Creek fire is a little too close for comfort.   

Any word on what started them? They are pretty close to each other.. Hopefully not arson. Thankfully the rain over the next few days should take care of them because next week will be windy, dry, and cold

18 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Any word on what started them? They are pretty close to each other.. Hopefully not arson. Thankfully the rain over the next few days should take care of them because next week will be windy, dry, and cold

I have not heard/read a thing.  They are basically separated by ridges.  We know it wasn't lightning.  I'm hoping arson isn't involved.  Haven't caught up with it today, though.  Surely this little bit of rain has helped.  Only .11 here at the house, however.  

• Like 1

From the latest news report I can find on the McDowell wild fires (WLOS):

"Officials report as of Friday afternoon, the Locust Cove #2 Fire is 10% contained and the Clear Creek Fire is 0% contained."

And:

"A spokesperson with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) says the Locust Cove #2 Fire is currently estimated at 150-200 acres, while the Clear Creek Fire is estimated at 124 acres, as of Friday."

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The rain has kind of split us. Getting a shower now though 

The story of fall. We could really use a good snow that sits for a few days and melts slowly into the ground. I know that’s asking a lot but let’s kill two birds with one stone for us weenies :ski:

• Like 1