Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2023 General Discussion

Chambana

52 minutes ago, thomp2mp said:

DTX posted today that the growing season has officially ended for SEMI. I don't recall seeing any frost advisories in the CWA this autumn. How often does that happen?

I have seen it before.  Funny thing is last week we had frost.  Not sure why there were no advisory that morning.

completely re-vamped web site for Aviationweather dot gov shows an integrated METARS, NWS warnings (not sure about convective warnings yet), radar, and aviation stuff that's kind of not that useful to us. You can turn on/off the radar, aviation stuff. Here is a sample of what it's like to look up previous observations from more than two hours ago. You have to go to archive mode, but it's pretty easy.

aviationweathergov.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Definitely the cloudiest October I can remember. High temps have been colder than average for 11 straight days and counting but no frost/freeze yet (should change early next week).

Maybe it'll make November not feel so dreadful :P :lol: ... actually I like Novembers as yard work comes to an end doing one last mostly mulch leaf cut getting ready for snow cover and I get to hang the Christmas lights :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Maybe it'll make November not feel so dreadful :P :lol: ... actually I like Novembers as yard work comes to an end doing one last mostly mulch leaf cut getting ready for snow cover and I get to hang the Christmas lights :D

Once we hit November I love overcast skies. It can be gray every day from November through the entire winter for all I care. But in October when we have a color show to enjoy...I do NOT care for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, hardypalmguy said:

Bismarck special looks most likely.

I doubt we see any accumulation, but I’m thinking the first flakes of the season are looking more likely in the time frame. Still way way way to far off though, could go poof on the next model run.

There is recent precedent, 10/20/20 saw 7.9” of accumulation at MSP. 

9 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Definitely the cloudiest October I can remember. High temps have been colder than average for 11 straight days and counting but no frost/freeze yet (should change early next week).

I'll take 55 days of 100*F+ weather over that crap any time. Don't miss that *AT* *ALL*

Meanwhile, it's been sunshine and blue skies as far as the eye can see here.

#GodBlessTheSunbelt

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Powerball said:

I'll take 55 days of 100*F+ weather over that crap any time. Don't miss that *AT* *ALL*

Meanwhile, it's been sunshine and blue skies as far as the eye can see here.

#GodBlessTheSunbelt

Which then the next logical question is why you are on this regional forum other than the occasional back to MI visits as most of us on here love winter weather.  Trust me you don't have to answer as I already know why!!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1