• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Low of 35 here.  Should be a 'beaut today and most of tomorrow, which unfortunately looks like very little rain for us down this way.  We are heading up to State College with the kids tomorrow and should see a good bit more up there.

Of note, the national high the last couple of days has been below 90.  You know what that means........#WinterIsComing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 35 here.  Should be a 'beaut today and most of tomorrow, which unfortunately looks like very little rain for us down this way.  We are heading up to State College with the kids tomorrow and should see a good bit more up there.

Of note, the national high the last couple of days has been below 90.  You know what that means........#WinterIsComing

Enjoy the time w/ family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, paweather said:

Black Friday onward is Brrrrr....

GFS Op is notably deeper wrt trough/thickness's here in the east, as the Ens guidance still has it, just less pronounced.  Regardless...yeah colder times from Turk day and beyond for a decent stretch.  Wouldnt rule out normal snow shower spots getting some chances of flakeage, and if that weekend energy can hold together a little better than most have done this year, then theres a window of opp as well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS Op is notably deeper wrt trough/thickness's here in the east, as the Ens guidance still has it, just less pronounced.  Regardless...yeah colder times from Turk day and beyond for a decent stretch.  Wouldnt rule out normal snow shower spots getting some chances of flakeage, and if that weekend energy can hold together a little better than most have done this year, then theres a window of opp as well.  

Here you go:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I was REALLY happy to hear that you're going to the game on Saturday. 

I'm going to rant, and I will move on with this post, and please understand that this is not at all directed at you - I have followed Penn State football for 50 years. I went to Penn State. I am all about PSU. I'm also upset, disappointed, sad, and yes, even a bit angry about where we're at right now. I was watching a video this week where students last Saturday were yelling things like "you suck" to the players as they headed for the south endzone. This saddens me even more than what happened during the game. There is so much negativity right now - most of it at JF, but when the students are turning on their fellow student athletes...sigh. 

I had very, very high hopes this year. Though, I was also hedging a bit since we were starting an unproven QB. I was concerned that the expectations might exceed the reality. That has proven to be true. And I know that most of my fellow PSU fans don't want to hear this (I'm not sure I want to hear myself say this) but we are 8-2, with a chance for another 11 win season. My son and I were eating in downtown Pittsburgh Saturday night and there was a group of PSU fans adjacent to us that were at the Beav earlier in the afternoon. They were all bitching and moaning about the game, the server comes to their table and interrupts them and says "yeah, well, I'm a student at Pitt...do you have any idea how much we'd love to be 8-2 right now?  

We (PSU Nation) wants to get to that elite level SO bad that I think it's jaded us somewhat. There are 128 FBS teams in the country. You have OSU, Georgia, Alabama who perennially are in the mix for the title. Schools like Michigan, Clemson, USC, Texas, are often "up there" but certainly not always. USC has been down a lot. Clemson is barely over .500 this year. Same with some of the Florida schools. Point is, there are only a very few teams that seem to reload consistently - there are many other storied schools, some of which I mentioned, that are perceived to be elite but really aren't consistently there. Shoot, even Michigan had struggled for a few years. 

All that to say - there are literally tens of thousands of seats available for Saturday's game on PSU's Ticket Exchange, and the going price is less than $10. It's clear that many are disgusted and have checked out. Whatever. Good for you to go and represent. I'll be watching just like I do every week. It's my school and we're a helluva lot better than most schools in the country. 

Although...we might lose to Rutgers...

:)  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm going to rant, and I will move on with this post, and please understand that this is not at all directed at you - I have followed Penn State football for 50 years. I went to Penn State. I am all about PSU. I'm also upset, disappointed, sad, and yes, even a bit angry about where we're at right now. I was watching a video this week where students last Saturday were yelling things like "you suck" to the players as they headed for the south endzone. This saddens me even more than what happened during the game. There is so much negativity right now - most of it at JF, but when the students are turning on their fellow student athletes...sigh. 

I had very, very high hopes this year. Though, I was also hedging a bit since we were starting an unproven QB. I was concerned that the expectations might exceed the reality. That has proven to be true. And I know that most of my fellow PSU fans don't want to hear this (I'm not sure I want to hear myself say this) but we are 8-2, with a chance for another 11 win season. My son and I were eating in downtown Pittsburgh Saturday night and there was a group of PSU fans adjacent to us that were at the Beav earlier in the afternoon. They were all bitching and moaning about the game, the server comes to their table and interrupts them and says "yeah, well, I'm a student at Pitt...do you have any idea how much we'd love to be 8-2 right now?  

We (PSU Nation) wants to get to that elite level SO bad that I think it's jaded us somewhat. There are 128 FBS teams in the country. You have OSU, Georgia, Alabama who perennially are in the mix for the title. Schools like Michigan, Clemson, USC, Texas, are often "up there" but certainly not always. USC has been down a lot. Clemson is barely over .500 this year. Same with some of the Florida schools. Point is, there are only a very few teams that seem to reload consistently - there are many other storied schools, some of which I mentioned, that are perceived to be elite but really aren't consistently there. Shoot, even Michigan had struggled for a few years. 

All that to say - there are literally tens of thousands of seats available for Saturday's game on PSU's Ticket Exchange, and the going price is less than $10. It's clear that many are disgusted and have checked out. Whatever. Good for you to go and represent. I'll be watching just like I do every week. It's my school and we're a helluva lot better than most schools in the country. 

give this a look https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzpcBTLRPLf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pawatch said:

27 degrees this morning, heavy frost.

Rant: I have a Weather bug app on my phone.

I am located north of Williamsport. Weather Bug is using Muncy location for my temperature reading. Over 15 miles away how is that accurate??

Just save your closest local PWS from Wunderground in your Chrome (or favorite browser) and open it up when you want to check conditions. That's what I do. I have my own backyard station in PA saved, as well as one that's about 3 blocks from the house here in Arizona. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sunny and 65 - it is a spectacular day! Just came in from a lunchtime walk across campus and it feels wonderful to be outside. 

Sounds like a normal to slightly below normal day here in Phoenix for late January. 

Tell me again why people like bitter cold, arctic air...

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Your Florida reference rings true down there.   If the team has not won a championship in the last year, it is not good enough for many of those fans.  They do not care that all the other teams never get to do what they did.  

• Like 1