• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Low of 34. Big news over here, in that this is the first full day I will be measuring temps without my wife’s black shade netting hanging over the pergola. As some of you who have been following this saga may know, I predicted that this black tarp thingy was contaminating my measurements by adding waste heat to the area right near my weather station, leading to high temps that were consistently 3-5+ degrees higher than everyone around me. I am hoping those days are over and I can actually report some accurate daytime highs. If not, I have a bigger problem ha. Today is the day. We shall see. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 34. Big news over here, in that this is the first full day I will be measuring temps without my wife’s black shade netting hanging over the pergola. As some of you who have been following this saga may know, I predicted that this black tarp thingy was contaminating my measurements by adding waste heat to the area right near my weather station, leading to high temps that were consistently 3-5+ degrees higher than everyone around me. I am hoping those days are over and I can actually report some accurate daytime highs. If not, I have a bigger problem ha. Today is the day. We shall see. 

Next stop MJS Sinks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today looks to be a mainly cloudy day with sun returning tomorrow. Temps will average near normal today through Monday with highs in the upper 50's. Warmer on Tuesday before chillier again on Wednesday. We could really use some rain as we are running almost 4" below normal for the year. Our next rain chances look to be on Wednesday night.
Records for today: High 80 (1974) / Low 21 (1952) / Rain 1.81" (1947) / Snow 5.6" (1910)
image.png.74b370122fb833cd1900ed68faf8ea18.png
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

90 minutes later and it's 65 here. 16 degree jump in a short period of time.

Wow that is crazy!   66 here now.  Going out to mow/mulch some leaves.  Our zones were woefully low today.   it was never going to snow today so going to opine that this temp is capital as to happening on a weekend.   Looks like the same thing, maybe 70, tomorrow. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Drew Allar looked like the 5 star QB in high school today. Opening up the offense and he's starting to flourish. Defense holds Maryland to -55 yards rushing...next week could be very interesting.

Also...the Sixers are infinitely better without James Harden. Offense is fluid and fun.

Sixers are fun to watch indeed!

Wouldn’t it be something if this ended up being their year after all that they’ve been through in recent seasons?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Sixers are fun to watch indeed!

Wouldn’t it be something if this ended up being their year after all that they’ve been through in recent seasons?

They need to change their offensive mindset in the 4th quarter against elite teams and in pressure games. Embiid ain't it. It's frustrating to watch them play like this and know that come playoff time it'll be Embiid getting the ball 25 feet from the cup and either turning it over or putting up wildly low percentage shots. 

But yeah...this team does seem different early on.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

They need to change their offensive mindset in the 4th quarter against elite teams and in pressure games. Embiid ain't it. It's frustrating to watch them play like this and know that come playoff time it'll be Embiid getting the ball 25 feet from the cup and either turning it over or putting up wildly low percentage shots. 

But yeah...this team does seem different early on

Starters delight....bench only scored 23 points.  Starters ball'ed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

But yeah...this team does seem different early on.

Hopefully coach Nurse can keep them playing this style of basketball all season & into the postseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 42 here and a high yesterday of…..68. Seems better and more importantly didn’t experience any of the wild spikes and fluctuations. Perhaps still a wee bit on the warm side. What were everyone else’s highs yesterday? Curious to see what today brings with a day of full sun. 

63 was my Saturday high 

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 42 here and a high yesterday of…..68. Seems better and more importantly didn’t experience any of the wild spikes and fluctuations. Perhaps still a wee bit on the warm side. What were everyone else’s highs yesterday? Curious to see what today brings with a day of full sun. 

66 here.  64 CXY

51 minutes ago, canderson said:

63 was my Saturday high 

39 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

66 here.  64 CXY

Hmmmm i saw all the official readings and knew I was a good bit higher but a lot of the WU stations immediately around my area were similar, so perhaps my region was just warmer yesterday. Curious what @Itstrainingtime reading was. Today will help tell more of the story, me thinks. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hmmmm i saw all the official readings and knew I was a good bit higher but a lot of the WU stations immediately around my area were similar, so perhaps my region was just warmer yesterday. Curious what @Itstrainingtime reading was. Today will help tell more of the story, me thinks. 

Morning! 65 here. :)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I think some WU's may push 70's today...maybe even CXY.