• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Sad day for sure for this long time Phillies Phan! but the beauty of the game is hope will spring eternal come March! Thank you Phils for a great year!!
Back to weather - 13 of the last 17 days have featured below normal temperatures including yesterday. That all changes starting today and lasting through Sunday with our high temps reaching the 70's before a turn to much colder in time for Halloween. With the exception of some possible morning fog with the longer nights and mild readings...we look to stay dry till at least Sunday.
Records for today: High 80 (1900) / Low 22 (1952) / Rain 2.31" (1980)
13 of the last 17 days have featured below normal temperatures including yesterday. That all changes starting today and lasting through Sunday with our high temps reaching the 70's before a turn to much colder in time for Halloween. With the exception of some possible morning fog with the longer nights and mild readings...we look to stay dry till at least Sunday.
Records for today: High 80 (1900) / Low 22 (1952) / Rain 2.31" (1980)
image.png.b8588386c72eea565d796ba6942fd476.png

21 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

If you're a Philadelphia sports fan, your anger should be directed at Wells Fargo centre and at both tenants. The 76ers should have won one or two titles by now with the roster they amassed and the dominance of Embiid. They ain't done shit.

And if I had five minutes with the Flyers front office, they'd lock me up and throw away the key. I hate every single person who ruined them after 2010. My only solace is that Hextall went out to Pittsburgh and ruined them, too.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I gave up my full season tickets because I realized a couple of years ago that the Sixers will never win with Embiid. He is NOT a winner. Until he does nothing will convince me otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I watched the Rangers celebrate their ALDS win over my team for about a minute and had to turn it off. Went for a short drive, talked to myself and basically said "this a game...and the participants are making millions. Most of them probably don't even have a strong allegiance to the city that they're representing" and more BS along those lines. It was enough to convince me that:

• I'm a diehard Orioles fan
  • I'm also a diehard baseball fan
  • I'm going to go home and watch the sport that I love

It wasn't easy at first. Not at all. I'm 58 years old and not too proud to say that I got choked up when we lost. I bleed orange and black. And I used to take losses WAY too hard.

In 1979, I was 14. The Orioles were up 3 games to 1 against @sauss06 Pittsburgh Pirates. O's had home field, no way they'd lose 3 straight, with the last 2 games at home? Incorrect. Despite the Orioles throwing 3 pitchers in those last 3 games who that year won over 60 (!) games...the Buccos won all 3. My reaction? My father had to physically restrain me from kicking the tube out of our 13" color TV. I was a teenager on a rage. After the fact, I was embarrassed and vowed to get better. 

44 years later and it still hurts. I get it. 

I was 18 when the Orioles won a World Series.

40 years later Phillies fans...40 years later...and we haven't even made it back...

I was 18 when the Orioles won a World Series.
40 years later Phillies fans...40 years later...and we haven't even made it back...
I kinda operate under the philosophy with baseball that given there have been so few champions in such a long history (I mean we're approaching 150 years), that if your club has won a trophy, you have like, 10 years where you can't complain about things. Thinking about this more this morning, I wonder if it should be 25 years.

In which case, the Phillies are covered by 2008 and y'all can shut it lol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I kinda operate under the philosophy with baseball that given there have been so few champions in such a long history (I mean we're approaching 150 years), that if your club has won a trophy, you have like, 10 years where you can't complain about things. Thinking about this more this morning, I wonder if it should be 25 years.

In which case, the Phillies are covered by 2008 and y'all can shut it lol.

I get the disappointment/frustration, but they are a wee bit spoiled.

My team has been the laughingstock of baseball for years. We were referred to as the "Zer-O's" in recent years. And to go out this year and win 101 games and then not win a single playoff game?

That hurt. 

My team has been the laughingstock of baseball for years. We were referred to as the "Zer-O's" in recent years. And to go out this year and win 101 games and then not win a single playoff game?
That hurt. 

I had a feeling the Birbs were going to fall on their face this postseason. Frankly, they punched above their weight all season and in the AL East, that was impressive, but they're not there yet. In the playoffs, you need to either 1) have the experience to be able to handle the grind and the pressure or 2) have somebody who doesn't care about any of that and has this swagger that is capable of carrying everyone across the line, and I don't think the Orioles possessed either going into the playoffs, especially with this stupid fn bye week.

Neither the Rangers nor the Diamondbacks have 1) but I think they both have 2). This series is going to be Adolis Garcia vs Corbin Carroll and it's going to be insane.

The O's have the lineup, and it's ridiculous that they're only going to get better, but they weren't ready this year and I definitely get the hurt. I think that hurt will be eased in a season or two. It's not like the Yankees or Red Sox are going to be any better any time soon, the AL Central will always suck, the Astros are in their twilight, and the Rangers/Mariners will probably trade AL West crowns. The Orioles will get there. But you had every right to feel hurt.

I just don't think hurt or anger from Philadelphia or Los Angeles or Atlanta or Houston is justified right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I picked the wrong time to get sick. I've been WFH the past 2 days with; as they say in the Association, a "non-Covid illness." I actually might go outside for a while this afternoon - it's really, really nice out. 

Best to get out now vs the weekend if it gets in the 80's. That is too hot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Ha, I'm happy with either winning but it'd be awesome for Texas to claim its first title. 

We've had pretty much an improbable run most of the season, and continuing in the post. I should have dropped a grand on the Dbacks going to the World Series. I'd have a nice nest egg of winnings right now.

That being said, while I want my Snakes to win, if we lose, I won't be too upset knowing it'll be the Rangers first ever championship. 

1 hour ago, paweather said:

@VoyagerGreat job and good luck! 100 plus losses 2 years ago to WS title chances. Awesome!

Thanks! Even this spring, I don't think many thought we'd even be a .500 club. I guess the kids were hungry. There is good talent on the team, though. We'll see next year if this was a fluke, or if they're the real deal.

38 minutes ago, Voyager said:

We've had pretty much an improbable run most of the season, and continuing in the post. I should have dropped a grand on the Dbacks going to the World Series. I'd have a nice nest egg of winnings right now.

That being said, while I want my Snakes to win, if we lose, I won't be too upset knowing it'll be the Rangers first ever championship. 

Thanks! Even this spring, I don't think many thought we'd even be a .500 club. I guess the kids were hungry. There is good talent on the team, though. We'll see next year if this was a fluke, or if they're the real deal.

I've only made 3 or 4 significant wagers in my life - and this series was one of them. I won a nice chunk of change last night. The whole thing threw me into turmoil; honestly, there was a big part of me that wanted the Phillies to win for all of the fans in this thread. (and my family as well) But...

I really can't explain it. Similar to hunches I get during the winter, my baseball senses were telling me that Arizona was going to win the series. I went with it and put down the wager. I was well rewarded. I've yet to lose a bet, obviously making just a few in my lifetime, I really pick my spots and won't do so unless I'm really feeling it. And that was my most compelling reason...a hunch. Can't explain it, but it's worked every time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've only made 3 or 4 significant wagers in my life - and this series was one of them. I won a nice chunk of change last night. The whole thing threw me into turmoil; honestly, there was a big part of me that wanted the Phillies to win for all of the fans in this thread. (and my family as well) But...

I really can't explain it. Similar to hunches I get during the winter, my baseball senses were telling me that Arizona was going to win the series. I went with it and put down the wager. I was well rewarded. I've yet to lose a bet, obviously making just a few in my lifetime, I really pick my spots and won't do so unless I'm really feeling it. And that was my most compelling reason...a hunch. Can't explain it, but it's worked every time. 

Congrats on the win! I wish I'd have been brave enough to go for it, but was on a two month layoff while we were switching to a new dedicated account, so I couldn't do it.

• Like 1