Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

I'm "in",,,,,Montana:

Today
Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. North northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. North wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. High near 21. North northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. Low around 13. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Calm wind becoming north northwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • Like 2

I'm "in",,,,,Montana:
Today Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. North northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. North wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible. Wednesday Snow. High near 21. North northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Wednesday Night Snow. Low around 13. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Thursday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Calm wind becoming north northwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
That'll be more than Lancaster sees all winter.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ohh, you are outpacing THV's rise rate.  Blue as far as the eye can see and 61 here now. 

61 here now as well.

When you posted about THV's 20 degree rise earlier, I was wayyy behind. My biggest temp spike today has happened over the past 90 minutes. Forecast high is 68, at 11am I was still in the 40s and 68 seemed way off. It's in range now. 

Most spots across Chester County below 500ft ASL saw frost and even several reports of sub-freezing temps. Of course here in East Nantmeal and other relatively higher spots we could do no lower than 38.7. However, it was our first reading in the 30's since back on May 18th when we bottomed out at 35.9. The rest of this week will feature well above normal temps in the mid 70's....while warm it will not be close to record levels which range between 79 and 84 for the remainder of October. A quick turn to much colder weather looks increasingly likely as we reach the start of November.
Records for today: High 84 (1900) / Low 23 (1969) / Rain 2.03" (1917)
Go Phillies!!! I DO need a new avatar!!!
image.png.b740c0d8fa62187a762a914e91d44011.png
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

while warm it will not be close to record levels which range between 79 and 84 for the remainder of October.

In fact, the big dude at MU said this a few hours ago:

The warming trend that’s starting today will continue through the rest of the week. High temps from Thursday-Saturday will be 15-20 degrees above normal, and the #October26 record high of 78F from 1984 at could be in jeopardy. I’ll take it!
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The warming trend that’s starting today will continue through the rest of the week. High temps from Thursday-Saturday will be 15-20 degrees above normal, and the #October26 record high of 78F from 1984 at could be in jeopardy. I’ll take it!

Yea, not only could the temps be near record levels,  records are definitely in play based on progs right now.   The CMC has 4 days in play...the GFS was 1 or 2. 

And for today, some locales in the LSV may top 70 (local therms if not NWS spots).

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

maybe there...but no shot of records here in Chester County....

48 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Everything I have seen would suggest that.

northern mid atlantic seems to be in a decent spot as of right now.  Pattern dependent, you may be sitting prett(ier) than we are for some, but I'm sure hoping the southern stream gets close but not above on all storms this winter.  

23 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Chester County records for the remainder of October (highest point and click from the NWS is 76 during this stretch)

Day High Year
25 80 1902
26 79 1963
27 83 1963
28 84 1919
29 79 1946
30 82 1946
31 81 1946

Point and Click is cool/nothing wrong with it but people who are discussing models see temps getting in the Mid 80's on the 28th on some suites and some suites have mid 80's on the 30th.  That is where the variable of "it could happen" comes in, IMO.   The mid 80's is extrapolated from temps of 80-82 early afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

Are you there? Jump in, you coward.

Beach #6 at Presque Isle is the best non-Atlantic beach on the planet. I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

I had to look that one up - it's got a perfect 5 rating on Google. It does look very nice. 

• Like 1

I had to look that one up - it's got a perfect 5 rating on Google. It does look very nice. 
Presque Isle State Park is perfect. It's immaculate for whatever you are wanting to do. Great for biking, hiking, sightseeing, especially the houses on the bay, and the beaches are spectacular. Beach #11 is supposedly their most popular, but I went there and it's so incredibly shallow that if you're bigger than four, you're basically standing in a glaciated mud puddle, but beach #6, just about 4-5 miles down there is perfect.

You park behind the dunes, walk through a very brief wooded area onto a big, well maintained and groomed beach. You're never going to be sitting on top of others, so you have plenty of room for privacy, the swimming area is pretty large, there's a deep part, it's plenty guarded, and there's a concession stand/souvenir store built into the restroom facility.

Downsides:

Some stupid rules. No objects in the lake. First time I went, it was with two friends, we took a football. Verboten. I can understand not allowing a blow-up raft to prevent some smartass from trying to paddle to Kitchener, but seriously? A football is banned? I wanted to suplex the lifeguard.

People from Ohio go there.

People from New York go there.

The nearest cell tower is in... Kitchener. So Verizon thinks you're about to use international rates.

But it's worth the trip. Erie in general is worth the trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Presque Isle State Park is perfect. It's immaculate for whatever you are wanting to do. Great for biking, hiking, sightseeing, especially the houses on the bay, and the beaches are spectacular. Beach #11 is supposedly their most popular, but I went there and it's so incredibly shallow that if you're bigger than four, you're basically standing in a glaciated mud puddle, but beach #6, just about 4-5 miles down there is perfect.

You park behind the dunes, walk through a very brief wooded area onto a big, well maintained and groomed beach. You're never going to be sitting on top of others, so you have plenty of room for privacy, the swimming area is pretty large, there's a deep part, it's plenty guarded, and there's a concession stand/souvenir store built into the restroom facility.

Downsides:

Some stupid rules. No objects in the lake. First time I went, it was with two friends, we took a football. Verboten. I can understand not allowing a blow-up raft to prevent some smartass from trying to paddle to Kitchener, but seriously? A football is banned? I wanted to suplex the lifeguard.

People from Ohio go there.

People from New York go there.

The nearest cell tower is in... Kitchener. So Verizon thinks you're about to use international rates.

But it's worth the trip. Erie in general is worth the trip.

I took a "tour" on googlemaps and have already watched a few videos. (all part of my work day, of course) Even got a nice look at that parking area and the road leading back to the lot and beach.

Might have to take a detour next September. My wife and I are committed to going to a Bills home game next year before they close down the current stadium. We want to experience the Bills Mafia. I'm still trying to convince her to do a swan dive into a folding table. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I took a "tour" on googlemaps and have already watched a few videos. (all part of my work day, of course) Even got a nice look at that parking area and the road leading back to the lot and beach.

Might have to take a detour next September. My wife and I are committed to going to a Bills home game next year before they close down the current stadium. We want to experience the Bills Mafia. I'm still trying to convince her to do a swan dive into a folding table. 

Well, if my ice cream tastes poorly, now I know why. 

• Haha 1