• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Autumn 2023

36 at my house, and 34-40 temp range on my 25 mile drive to work.  Lots of frost observed, although still scattered.  Not sure if "killing" level was reached in most places, but I'd imagine some green stuff slowed/suspended growing operations for the next 6 months. Couple sheltered areas had it pretty good. 

18 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I have that familiar feeling going into tonight.  Not a positive thing.

My family has suddenly taken interest in baseball, and I've watched more of it in the last couple weeks than in my entire life.  Hell, my wife just said she ordered a T shirt...

Not sure how tonight goes, but man Philly is stout when they are firing on all cylinders.  Hoping for the G7 rally tonight.  Texas looked pretty good.  Would make for a great series if Philly can get there. 

30 minutes ago, anotherman said:

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

They are not losing 2 in a row at home to this team!

Feeling both of these simultaneously.  This will be my inner-dialogue for the next 12 hours.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

So you will be called upon in the near future to share with us when those dreaded pingers appear at your location. 

Usually, I mention and Cashtown shows a radar showing the line punching up between my ridge and the ridge out near McConnellsburg and about 15-30 min later, he goes to sleet...Carlisle is usually next as well as some of the Lanco people.   If the LP is off to the coast to our SE then I do not have to worry about this situation but all these app runners the last few years have made it quite common.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I see the your burglar alarm in that one pic.  Cool. 

There are 2 burglar alarms here. (Plus my place is lit up at night with the solar lights and a camera system.) The other one does the night shift. I can't leave them both loose at same time, with the possibility of them taking off. Yea sometimes at night they are constantly barking. There is some kind of animal up in the mountain they bark an go investigate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anotherman said:

I've had it since before the series started. I can't explain it to anyone unless you just understand. I have this weird baseball "sense" that is usually more right than wrong. I thought going in, the Dbacks were going to win the series. Admittedly, I hedged a bit after game 2 but that sense came roaring back. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Usually, I mention and Cashtown shows a radar showing the line punching up between my ridge and the ridge out near McConnellsburg and about 15-30 min later, he goes to sleet...Carlisle is usually next as well as some of the Lanco people.   If the LP is off to the coast to our SE then I do not have to worry about this situation but all these app runners the last few years have made it quite common.  

Sorry, I missed this post. 100% accurate here, you articulated it better than I just did above. :) 

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've had it since before the series started. I can't explain it to anyone unless you just understand. I have this weird baseball "sense" that is usually more right than wrong. I thought going in, the Dbacks were going to win the series. Admittedly, I hedged a bit after game 2 but that sense came roaring back. 

The best teams obviously don't always win. Dodgers, Braves, Astros couldn't win at home that is insane. Lots wrong with the Phillies this year bullpen gave up 2 games in Arizona or the series would be over. This is a philly year with many issues they find ways to win I don't see that changing. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

The best teams obviously don't always win. Dodgers, Braves, Astros couldn't win at home that is insane. Lots wrong with the Phillies this year bullpen gave up 2 games in Arizona or the series would be over. This is a philly year with many issues they find ways to win I don't see that changing. 

There were 3 teams that won over 100 games. Collectively, they won 1 postseason game. Dodgers: 0-3, my Orioles: 0-3, Atlanta: 1-3. 

Do you mean "philly year" as in the Phillies, or Philly sports teams? 

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There were 3 teams that won over 100 games. Collectively, they won 1 postseason game. Dodgers: 0-3, my Orioles: 0-3, Atlanta: 1-3. 

Do you mean "philly year" as in the Phillies, or Philly sports teams? 

Sorry Phillies year. Yeah it stinks going through the season with the best record only to get beat up in the playoffs. The Braves is the eye catcher for me. Your O's are young and talented with many good years coming.

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Sorry Phillies year. Yeah it stinks going through the season with the best record only to get beat up in the playoffs. The Braves is the eye catcher for me. Your O's are young and talented with many good years coming.

They may need a financial services change...Santander is not pulling their weight. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, paweather said:

As many here are stat gurus, then numbers dont lie and while the doom n gloom may very well be warranted, they've outscored their opponents by a sizeable margin through the playoffs.  Tonight will be fun to watch no doubt...unless phillies bats go silent.  I hope its a slugfest.

Underdogs keep it interesting, no matter who one cheers for.

• Like 1