1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

In dedication to fall here is a rift on a New York Sour I created
2 oz Rye
1 oz Pear brandy
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 homemade simple syrup
1/2 egg whites
4 dashes walnut bitters
Airated and whip shaken over ice with 1 oz of Cabernet layed on top followed by more foam from shaker.

Dried lemon and cinnamon stick are doused with lemon juice, rolled in brown sugar and fired with torch lighter to brown them
20231006_111248.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That looks really good! 

I have confidence in Chesco’s ability to cook the books so October 5 ends up being his last 70 degree day until spring. He’ll just put the weather station in his refrigerator as soon as it gets to 69.7 or so.
69.420, get it right.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

From uncle w based on those warm early Octobers....
some great years on that list...
1898...big snows end of November...historic snow and cold in February...weak neg year...(February 1899 largest 3 day snowstorm in Chester County History 53" ending Feb 14th)
1959...almost -6SD AO in November...White Christmas storm...March Blizzard...neutral...
2002...Christmas day snowstorm...cold and snowy February...el nino...
2013...cold, snowy winter...weak neg...
1922...cold snowy winter...la nina...
1919...cold snowy winter...huge snow and ice storm in February...weak pos year...
1932...snowstorms in December and February...weak pos year.....
other years...el nino...snowfall...
1941...11.3"...cold Jan/Feb...inland late March and April snows...
1951...20"...good March...
1986...23"...better south of the city...
2018...21"...Nov snowstorm...good March...
1905...20"...good March...
1991...13"...good March...
these el nino winters with a good March were not great winters...except for 86 most of the action came late in the season...
So three winters out of the last 30 make this arbitrary list of "good?"

That's bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

2 oz Rye
1 oz Pear brandy
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 egg whites
4 dashes walnut bitters
Airated and whip shaken over ice with 1 oz of Cabernet layed on top followed by more foam from shaker.

Dried lemon and cinnamon stick are doused with lemon juice, rolled in brown sugar and fired with torch lighter to brown them
20231006_111248.jpg

CHEERS!

Just now, Atomixwx said:

So three winters out of the last 30 make this arbitrary list of "good?"

That's bad.

hate to say it...but warm early Octobers is not much of a qualifier for Winter 23-24' outcome imo. If we add in high end MOD/Stong Nino then maybe it gives a little more credence to the list that would be shown (much smaller as well IMO)

Warming base state plus ENSO/EPO/NAO/AO offer a little better glimpse, but as we all know, some don't show their cards until closer to game time, but thats just how my brain sees it.  

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

2 oz Rye
1 oz Pear brandy
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 egg whites
4 dashes walnut bitters

20231006_111248.jpg

This looks awesome and like a rather good lunch cocktail.

This looks awesome and like a rather good lunch cocktail.
It taste great. The dry wine blends perfectly with the pear and rye. The egg white texture and flavor blending is vital here. Plus the aesthetics of 3 layers and the garnish add significantly to it.

I have another that's a blend of 7 liquors that doesn't even taste like booze. It's very dangerous

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

It taste great. The dry wine blends perfectly with the pear and rye. The egg white texture and flavor blending is vital here. Plus the aesthetics of 3 layers and the garnish add significantly to it.

I have another that's a blend of 7 liquors that doesn't even taste like booze. It's very dangerous

I find that Old Fashioneds gets me in trouble especially with the Lux Cherries.   Candy in a glass. 

• Like 1

Fairly thick clouds and 73 for noon. CXY fell one degree short of running their 80 streak to 6 days when they came in at 79 yesterday.   CMC potentially frosty for colder LSV areas Mon and Tue night. 
Are you under thick clouds?
It's a bit overcast in Harrisburg but sun is definitely coming through at times

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Are you under thick clouds?
It's a bit overcast in Harrisburg but sun is definitely coming through at times

Yea, no sun here. Looking at satellite there is a bit of clearing to my SW so probably some sun eventually.    Not a uniform deck, more like billowing. 

Will you nerds quit talking about the weather? This thread is now a drink mixbook.

Nothing goes better with weather than drinks. There needs to book in the spirit of meditations by marcus aurelius about weather and drinks

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I find that Old Fashioneds gets me in trouble especially with the Lux Cherries.   Candy in a glass. 

Been using them in my Manhattans lately, glorious. Give me a good rye, go a little light on the vermouth and bitters, throw in a Lux cherry with a wee bit of the syrup, and serve over a single large cube — heaven in a glass. 

• Like 1

Been using them in my Manhattans lately, glorious. Give me a good rye, go a little light on the vermouth and bitters, throw in a Lux cherry with a wee bit of the syrup, and serve over a single large cube — heaven in a glass. 
Find some good sherry. Go 1/2 oz XS sherry, 1/2 oz good sweet vermouth like coochi and 2 1/2 oz of a bonded Rye (100 proof) with cherry bark vanilla bitters and mole bitters (chocolate would work well too).

A great Manhattan is made via the ingredients that are not the bourbon

• Thanks 1

Now I wanna pop into Cork n Fork for happy hour. 
But we're getting booster shots at 4 and alcohol after those isn't smart. I learned my lesson previously .... 
It would be awesome seeing you once more! But yeah, definitely don't drink after booster shots unless you want to be laid out for a day