• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

As of 10am we have received exactly 1" of rain so far here in East Nantmeal with 0.30" since midnight. More periods of rain will continue today into tonight much of this due to some local enhancement of the rain due to a modest upslope flow from the east. This is due to a little extra lift as air ascends up the hills across the area squeezing out some additional moisture. The weather should slowly improve by tomorrow but smaller chances of rain can continue till Tuesday. Temperatures will continue to run well below normal with highs in the low 60's before warming to closer to normal by the end of the work week.
Records for today: High 93 (1970) / 32 (1963) / Rain 2.79" (1912)

That band has been pretty solid with the light rain and this has literally been an old fashioned "rainy day".  From my earlier Ophelia report in that thread, I have picked up another 0.48" for a total of 0.83" for the day so far and 1.91" for a 2-day total.  High so far today has been 66 just after 12:30 pm and I'm currently under moderate rain and 66 with dp 65.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast-truecolor-19 21Z-20230924_map_noBar-16-1n-10-100-truccolor-327pm-animated-09242023.gif

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Meh NAM/HrRr say no dice as does the current radar

Do they play Monday or double header next weekend that should be interesting

If not tonight (which I think is still in play) they'll play tomorrow since it was a scheduled off day for both teams.

Was just out taking a walk, it was/is raining but the type where you really don't get drenched. They could play in this type of rain...

63F/DP 62F (DPs creeping up little by little)

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

If not tonight (which I think is still in play) they'll play tomorrow since it was a scheduled off day for both teams.

Was just out taking a walk, it was/is raining but the type where you really don't get drenched. They could play in this type of rain...

63F/DP 62F (DPs creeping up little by little)

Feeder band stationary a couple miles north of the ballpark that was lucky

The light rain and drizzle has added up to another 0.13" over the last 2 days for a total of 3.38" since Saturday. A bit more drizzle today but finally drying out with the sun returning tomorrow! Shower chances return Thursday night into Friday before clearing out and getting warmer by the weekend.
Records for today: High 93.5 (1895) / Low 30 (1922) / Rain 2.28" (1902)
image.png.2bc94c6ebfe8b8e210b23faf6c38a8bf.png

Now, comes campfire time. With the rain gone after Friday, the grass growing like gangbusters, it's back to enjoying fall weather and garden activities in upcoming next few weeks.  LR models indicate a prolong mild dry period with highs in the low to mid 80's too. With the warmer weather, the leaves should stay on the trees longer too.  Looks like the majority leaf raking will not happen until after Halloween this year unless we get a cold/windy  shot near the end of the month. 

• Weenie 1

The sun has returned! Of note I did record the first temperature in the 40's this morning since June 8th. Today and tomorrow look dry before more showers by Friday AM. We then clear out for the weekend and begin a nice warming trend. We should see well above normal temps by Sunday and see it continue for potentially the first couple weeks of October. As Ben Franklin said autumn in PA is the "most agreeable time of year" from a weather wise perspective. It should also be great weather as the Phightin Phils begin another Red October on Tuesday! Go Phillies!
Records for today: High 92 (1900) / Low 30 (1947) / Rain 4.02" (1985)
image.png.110c0f011ff469b47bd1ec5de29b39f6.png

7 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Now, comes campfire time. With the rain gone after Friday, the grass growing like gangbusters, it's back to enjoying fall weather and garden activities in upcoming next few weeks.  LR models indicate a prolong mild dry period with highs in the low to mid 80's too. With the warmer weather, the leaves should stay on the trees longer too.  Looks like the majority leaf raking will not happen until after Halloween this year unless we get a cold/windy  shot near the end of the month. 

I thought leaf change looks on schedule. Lots of yellow showing up and some orange reds and purple. Typically most leaves will be off the trees by Halloween.