• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

Some kind of cluster of convection-producing pop-ups visited me overnight between midnight and 4 am giving me an additional 0.09" for today (so far) and a 1.58" 4-day total.  As long as I don't have to haul out the hose, I am happy. :lol:

Am currently at my low of 69, with a misty, steamy-windows, low stratus dp of 69.

Lesser chances of showers today across the County but still warmer than normal for nearing mid-September. Cold front crosses the area on Tuesday night and that will set up a below normal stretch of great weather that should last through the weekend. Would not be surprised to see some valley locations touch the 40's by Friday morning.
Records for today: High 99 (1897) / Low 34 (1924) / Rain 3.35" (1960)
image.png.aa35994576b0d36cbc9475e5d51a3045.png

Sun has been breaking through the clouds and the 69 is confirmed as a low.  Didn't add any additional rain since the last post although supposedly possibilities appear again later this afternoon.  I do see some little pop-ups along the seabreeze front dunna shore.

Currently partly sunny and 78 with dp 72.

As predicted.  A swing and a fizzle miss.

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Lee is OTS but Margot- direct hit at NYC in the GFS 12Z run. The hype may start soon

Margot just got her wings and is now a Cat 1.

ETA - I just looked at the 18z GFS and that can't be Margot - at least verbatim, due to the angle that it is coming in (following Lee's track). It could be one of the 2 disturbances that came off the west coast of Africa that are being monitored or something "home grown" closer to this hemisphere.

NHC has Margot pretty much moving due north from where it is at the moment (with some east/west wobble).

Currently mostly cloudy post-sunset and 75 with dp 70.

204653_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

hurricane-margot-two_atl_0d0-441pm-09112023.png

hurricane-margot-sat-two_atl_0d0-441pm-09112023.png

Have to add this-- I stumbled on this update this evening - NOAA completed their supercomputer upgrades last month for the models - https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/noaa-completes-upgrade-to-weather-and-climate-supercomputer-system

Supposed to be a more hi-res GFS (among other things).  I was kinda following this the past 2 years.  Looking forward to more 10-day fantasy storms this winter, but now in hi-res! :lol:

As an obs - am currently 73 with dp 70.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1