Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023 General Discussion

hardypalmguy

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

1.10" of rain yesterday. Was a cloudy, cool, wet day. 2.67" (3.53" Sept avg) for the month so far, so looking good  Now it'll slowly clear off today for our first frost potential away from the lake tomorrow morning.

1st frost sept 13.gif

keep that crap up there.  over a month until frost chances grow here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, nice mood rain here tonight. My wife is back in the hospital for the sixth time since last December (we only got married in November of 2021). Unending complications from post-COVID kidney failure. Even if/when she does get a transplant, I'm no longer optimistic that she will recover to anything close to her former self.

• Sad 12

Nice little boomer rolled through here. Very heavy rain and some great CG. Had the power go out for a few seconds at one point. Nothing severe wise but man it was nice to see some lightning and hear some thunder. Didn’t really expect much of anything tonight. Here’s the best I could do but great CG over Lake Michigan.

IMG_4726.jpeg

• Like 6

Another chilly top ten a.m., but not quite as cold as yesterday for some spots. Here in town 42 (tied 7th) with 34 at the arpt. Duluth was 40 (tied 9th), Hibbing 29 (tied 4th), I-Falls 37 (tied 10th). Warming up fast with S winds. Could break 70 here in town, but upper 60's is more likely with a chance of rain tonight. Very nice Fall day.

As a side note, I don't use the standard method of ranking that is commonly used (year/temp). Instead I use the dense rank method that ranks by temps. IMHO, it's a better way of ranking for comparison of past temps to now. MRCC gives std, dense, and ordinal methods when you look for rank. Very nice.

20 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Up the shore from @Brian DDefinitely a couple weeks early this year. 

491A9E17-5907-4A4C-B9C6-DA092414EE44.jpeg

Being a little on the drier side this summer has probably helped for a little push to an earlier color. The northern areas have done a little better with precip, so not as bad as the south end of the region here. Drier conditions tend to to dull the colors a bit, but could be fine up that way.