• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

Quite the thunder and lightning show last night around 1am here in East Nantmeal. Picked up 0.39" of rain. Should see cooler and much less humid conditions starting today and continuing for much of the next week. Some valley spots across the County could see temps dipping into the 40's by Friday morning. High temps may not escape get much above 70 degrees in higher spots on Thursday and Friday.
Records for today: High 96 (1952) / Low 37 (1953) / Rain 2.33 (1930)
image.png.8acb648f4e97b7ea801b9105a8327de3.png

Another .94 up here in NEPA. At 7.08 for the month with July at 9.77 and August at 8.57.
Sitting at 45.47 YTD with close to 30" since June 1st.:flood:
The fact some people have only 15" down here is amazing. That gradient without any tropical system influence is insane.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

T'ed up

I am so sorry. :(  

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.07” of rain and a low of 68. Looking forward to a new airmass moving into the region today and planting itself here for a bit. Fire pit season is upon us. 

I'm equally surprised and disappointed for you to see this. Last night coming home from Philly, we hit rain at 30/41 in Gap...rained steady the entire way home. We took friends who live down near Conestoga, nicely raining at their crib when we dropped them off. Was raining moderately when we arrived home. It felt like an "evenly distributed rain" given the amount of coverage we experienced...there was no let up in rates along that entire route. I ended up .48"

• Like 1

You bored him out of the woods with your lame message board posting?

I told him if he went one mile further they'd extend the search field onto Broadway and shut down the season and he'd have to deal with an angry theatre fan who has this magical power to summon destructive winds, and he came out willingly.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

I also told him that right now isn't the best time to be within 100 miles of Philadelphia because Matt Olson is in town and it'd be real embarrassing for an escaped murderer wanted in two countries to be taken out by a falling baseball.

Was that you who ran out onto the field last night, Trainer?

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I also told him that right now isn't the best time to be within 100 miles of Philadelphia because Matt Olson is in town and it'd be real embarrassing for an escaped murderer wanted in two countries to be taken out by a falling baseball.

That ball he hit last night - only a handful of players in MLB with that kind of power. Took a real good pitch on the outside corner and went with it - majestically about 400' to left center. The moment he made contact, almost the entire ballpark made the sound "ohhhhhh"

Just now, canderson said:

The Braves lineup is insane. 5 guys slugging over .500, and that's not even including Albies.

No doubt about it. Phillies don't have the pitching staff to beat them it has become quite clear or the bullpen. Braves have the power speed and pitching they are a complete team. WS Champ Team. 

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I am so sorry. :(  

I'm equally surprised and disappointed for you to see this. Last night coming home from Philly, we hit rain at 30/41 in Gap...rained steady the entire way home. We took friends who live down near Conestoga, nicely raining at their crib when we dropped them off. Was raining moderately when we arrived home. It felt like an "evenly distributed rain" given the amount of coverage we experienced...there was no let up in rates along that entire route. I ended up .48"

Unfortunately, there were still some embedded downpours that my area missed out on.  No worries, as I've had enough rain to spring things back to life.  In any event, between the rain and cooling temps I'll be mowing again on Friday for the first time in a while. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

No doubt about it. Phillies don't have the pitching staff to beat them it has become quite clear or the bullpen. Braves have the power speed and pitching they are a complete team. WS Champ Team. 

My wife and I were talking about this after the game - I just don't see a repeat of last year. Atlanta has improved this year and the Phillies pitching is thin...they really miss Eflin and Gibson. I don't think the Braves bullpen is better but their starters are and as @canderson said...as good as the Phillies can rake at the top of the lineup, there are no easy outs with Atlanta. That entire team can flat out mash. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I missed the question at the end of your post. It was not me. (though the one that got lassoed in shallow left field kinda sorta looked a wee bit like me...40 some years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife and I were talking about this after the game - I just don't see a repeat of last year. Atlanta has improved this year and the Phillies pitching is thin...they really miss Eflin and Gibson. I don't think the Braves bullpen is better but their starters are and as @canderson said...as good as the Phillies can rake at the top of the lineup, there are no easy outs with Atlanta. That entire team can flat out mash. 

Totally agree and pitching last year especially bullpen pitching was a thorn for the Phillies and they didn't upgrade it. The prospects are lined up though so we will see what the future is like. 

• Like 2

The moment he made contact, almost the entire ballpark made the sound "ohhhhhh"

That's funny. I was out at PNC last month for a Pirates-Braves game and Olson sent one into the Pirates logo bush batters eye in right centre and the entire stadium made the same sound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

The fact some people have only 15" down here is amazing. That gradient without any tropical system influence is insane.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I believe there are some 60-70" totals in PA as well.   But that was hearsay.  Pretty sure there are some 50" totals though.  And that 15-17" across the southern tier is for the year not since June 1.   Many here are well under 10" since June 1. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I believe there are some 60-70" totals in PA as well.   But that was hearsay.  Pretty sure there are some 50" totals though.  And that 15-17" across the southern tier is for the year not since June 1.   Many here are well under 10" since June 1. 

Just added my ytd precip total and I’m at 21.59”

• Like 1