• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

17 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The 2005 Ohio State game is my vote for craziest atmosphere and loudest I ever heard that stadium

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think the loudest sports event I've ever attended was when Texas played and beat OSU at the Horseshoe in 2005. My teeth hurt from the chattering the noise caused. Fenway in the ALCS 2004 Game 5 was really, really loud too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The 2005 Ohio State game is my vote for craziest atmosphere and loudest I ever heard that stadium

I was there and I agree.  A total program-shifting moment.

As for weather, so to recap.......we broke the record Monday, tied yesterday's record, and have legit shots at today and tomorrow's records, which stand at 96.  Quite the impressive event we've got going here.  Then hopefully some rain and relief. 

Early 12Z Meso's suggest Friday will be cooler for much of PA with the LSV's chances of staying under 90 depending on front timing and where it stalls.   Not as hot as today or tomorrow though.    Tomorrow is a frying pan for the Central and Southern LSV, Lehigh Valley and SE PA while clouds and rain keep the rest of PA out of the 90's tomorrow as well.   HRRR and 3K both have scattered thunder/showers for Western LSV overnight tonight as a piece of energy moves by to the N/W. 

• Thanks 1

Jumping back to the Euro Seasonal, I would definitely not give up on December.  The only free maps the Euro site offers are world and N. Hemisphere views. As such, attached are the World 850 temp ensemble mean anomaly maps for December and January. Both months have us in the normal range with December closer to slightly AN and January closer to slightly BN. 

Thus, we could definitely score in December, mostly likely a single event like 12/82 where BWI had a coastal that dropped 6.7" with Biglerville at 2". And despite that event, BWI was still +3.4 degrees AN for December.

Finally, also attached is the 500mb anomaly for 12/82 that was butt ugly but still didn't prevent a coastal.

ps2png-worker-commands-54dfd8584-rmrgs-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-s5ZmN8.png

ps2png-worker-commands-54dfd8584-n9q5r-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-W25weU.png

zhuhjOMsZP.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early 12Z Meso's suggest Friday will be cooler for much of PA with the LSV's chances of staying under 90 depending on front timing and where it stalls.   Not as hot as today or tomorrow though.    Tomorrow is a frying pan for the Central and Southern LSV, Lehigh Valley and SE PA while clouds and rain keep the rest of PA out of the 90's tomorrow as well.   HRRR and 3K both have scattered thunder/showers for Western LSV overnight tonight as a piece of energy moves by to the N/W. 

For Lanco, MU is going 96-100 for today, 94-98 tomorrow, and 90-94 for Friday. 

Currently in Maytown it's 88.3, which is the hottest it's been prior to 11am in 2023. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Jumping back to the Euro Seasonal, I would definitely not give up on December.  The only free maps the Euro site offers are world and N. Hemisphere views. As such, attached are the World 850 temp ensemble mean anomaly maps for December and January. Both months have us in the normal range with December closer to slightly AN and January closer to slightly BN. 

Thus, we could definitely score in December, mostly likely a single event like 12/82 where BWI had a coastal that dropped 6.7" with Biglerville at 2". And despite that event, BWI was still +3.4 degrees AN for December.

Finally, also attached is the 500mb anomaly for 12/82 that was butt ugly but still didn't prevent a coastal.

ps2png-worker-commands-54dfd8584-rmrgs-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-s5ZmN8.png

ps2png-worker-commands-54dfd8584-n9q5r-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-W25weU.png

zhuhjOMsZP.png

Thanks - we had that early snow in '82 that you mentioned and then it was a long, mostly snowless wait until the big boy arrived on 2/13/83. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Currently in Maytown it's 88.3, which is the hottest it's been prior to 11am in 2023. 

Right now, I think you guys get over 90 Friday.  Western LSV not so sure.  82 here right now.  We have reached 89 and 91 the last 2 days.    The Valley over here was warmer both days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This RGEM map is a great example of how hard the forecast looks for the LSV on Friday.   I have to get a roof on at a place, so it is a personal worry here. 

image.thumb.png.46a25115d1802701321b274242054b4c.png

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

zhuhjOMsZP.png

Yeah we gotta feel some kinda special if those maps verify.  To your point, if we can pull off a normalish December, I'd think many would be just fine w/ that.  While its not prime time, if its feeling seasonal, thats a big + in my book.  While we were sans snow...last year was the most normal feeling December that I can remember in a while.  Was nice.

Noone wants to revisit the mental images of @sauss06 in bermuda shorts for Christmas.  J/k buddy.  If anyone can pull it off, you can.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

zhuhjOMsZP.png

Hey Mitch welcome to Central PA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah we gotta feel some kinda special if those maps verify.  To your point, if we can pull off a normalish December, I'd think many would be just fine w/ that.  While its not prime time, if its feeling seasonal, thats a big + in my book.  While we were sans snow...last year was the most normal feeling December that I can remember in a while.  Was nice.

Noone wants to revisit the mental images of @sauss06 in bermuda shorts for Christmas.  J/k buddy.  If anyone can pull it off, you can.

Believe me, i don't want that either. :lmao:

• Haha 1

Even with all of the records that have already been set...is it fair to suggest that in some small way that the heat has actually underperformed just a bit? 
The 97 on Monday was impressive. It seems like the past 2 days have fallen a little short of "what could have been."
99,97,97 is pretty hot

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

99,97,97 is pretty hot

No doubt - but those aren't indicative of all areas. I was forecast to reach the upper 90s the past 2 days and have not done so. In fact, the worst of the heatwave was to be the past 2 days, but Monday was the worst. 

My comment/question was really intended to be more fun than critical. Maybe I'm looking for positives to help stay cool. :)  

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No doubt - but those aren't indicative of all areas. I was forecast to reach the upper 90s the past 2 days and have not done so. In fact, the worst of the heatwave was to be the past 2 days, but Monday was the worst. 

My comment/question was really intended to be more fun than critical. Maybe I'm looking for positives to help stay cool. :)  

I reached 90 one of the 3 days.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Even with all of the records that have already been set...is it fair to suggest that in some small way that the heat has actually underperformed just a bit? 

The 97 on Monday was impressive. It seems like the past 2 days have fallen a little short of "what could have been."

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. I know you’re a fan of the “last day always pops the highest” mantra ha. But yeah, I think overall that’s a fair statement. 

• Like 2