• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Luckily some beverages yesterday & today helped to get through this heat wave! 

Water, Gatorade, lemonade, Tang?

Joe C had some more good stats.  16th day this year 90 or over at MDT which is exactly one half of the 32 we had last year at this time.  Yearly average is 23 putting 2023 WAY below the average. 

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It's weird to have such a difference between days and also such a low record so early in the month

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 of the hottest days in MDT history are in Met fall.  Autumnal heat wave indeed.   The 93 is indeed very low...MJS called it a soft record...a bit of an insult thrown at it. 

2 of the hottest days in MDT history are in Met fall.  Autumnal heat wave indeed.   The 93 is indeed very low...MJS called it a soft record...a bit of an insult thrown at it. 
Today and tomorrow are certainly damn soft. They won't be soft after this year though

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Water, Gatorade, lemonade, Tang?

Joe C had some more good stats.  16th day this year 90 or over at MDT which is exactly one half of the 32 we had last year at this time.  Yearly average is 23 putting 2023 WAY below the average. 

I am running one day ahead of MDT - today was day #17 for me. Last year I finished with 34. Thought I would finish with less than half of last year's total but this stretch ruined that. (Oh shoot, where is he?) And 2020 I finished with a whopping 47 days at or above 90.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Also of note, of my 17 days above 90 this year, today was only the 3rd day at or above 95. Will likely add 2 more to that total.

Your side of the state has more 90+ days than PIT has had in three years. Tacked on number three for the year today. There have been only 12 90+ degree days over the past three years at PIT (5 in 2021, 4 in 2022, and 3 in 2023).

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lol, this is the summer..well autumn...version of "if all this rain had been snow, we would have had 3 feet". (No offense)

I think with this current heatwave had it occurred in July it would have been worse. The days are longer. Giving it a much better chance to heat up (with dry ground of course) I think temps would have been 5 degrees higher then in September. But of course what do I know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Probably not, but I  have no idea of the responsibilities.  Is there a link to a NWS site that sets out requirements, etc.?

the biggest requirement is truly finding someone who enjoys doing the reports and plans to continue it for years.   So many times coop sites are established at businesses, treatment plants etc where the people recording the data aren’t into weather and the quality suffers.   Other than that, you need a little land to put the equipment.  That’s about it