• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

12 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Compared to last summer this has been a dream. Last summer the overnight lows loved to be in the 70s. Humidity was brutal.

I just went back and looked and, to your point, over half the days in both July and August last year had mins of at least 70 at MDT.  This includes a stretch of 12 consecutive such nights in July and 8 in a row in August.  Brutal. 

• Like 1

Williamsport report matches the rest of you to our south. We are in a state of breezy perfection: blue skies, 75 and dewpoint of 50. I am very happy for all the locals and out of towners here for Little League. This week's weather has been pretty good for them and next week's 70s will be even better.

Last night we had rain rain rain once the sun went down. We got about 2.5" instead of predicted half an inch or so. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I believe that this is the first official Tropical Storm watch ever issued for California. Someone please correct me if that's an error on my part. 

Correct! First time SD has been in SPC's Day 3 high risk too (they've only been in a high risk once I read, and that was a 1 day alert).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Williamsport report matches the rest of you to our south. We are in a state of breezy perfection: blue skies, 75 and dewpoint of 50. I am very happy for all the locals and out of towners here for Little League. This week's weather has been pretty good for them and next week's 70s will be even better.

Last night we had rain rain rain once the sun went down. We got about 2.5" instead of predicted half an inch or so. 

Going to be hot and humid Monday for sure - 90s in the LSV likely so probably mid to upper 80s there. Looks very humid unfortunately. Front seems to come through thankfully Monday late and drives temps back down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

77 at 1:45 with a stiff breeze/wind - feels absolutely incredible outside. 

Some people might even be donning sweatshirts tonight. 

Probably another 3-4 months or so for me of course. 

I just mowed and boy you ain't kidding.  Gorgeous out.  I reckon that will be my last mow for quite some time; yard is really turning brown in the most exposed spots.  I want you to go a full calendar year with either no long sleeves or no long pants -- your choice.  You can do it!

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Mount Joy Snowman - this is right up your alley! The current forecast high for Death Valley on Sunday is the upper 60s. Riddle me this, has that ever happened before in August? 

Next 3 days: 116 for today, 104 for tomorrow, and upper 60s for Sunday. 

Wow thanks for bringing that to my attention.  Just incredible.  Hold on a quick minute, I just checked and this is what NWS is showing for Death Valley??

This Afternoon
Sunny and hot, with a high near 116. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 90. South wind 13 to 18 mph becoming light and variable.
Saturday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Increasing clouds, with a high near 104. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 84. Southeast wind 13 to 18 mph becoming north northeast 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 86. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Sunday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 83. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Monday
Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 90. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a slight chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 83.

27 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I just mowed and boy you ain't kidding.  Gorgeous out.  I reckon that will be my last mow for quite some time; yard is really turning brown in the most exposed spots.  I want you to go a full calendar year with either no long sleeves or no long pants -- your choice.  You can do it!

Wow thanks for bringing that to my attention.  Just incredible.  Hold on a quick minute, I just checked and this is what NWS is showing for Death Valley??

This Afternoon
Sunny and hot, with a high near 116. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 90. South wind 13 to 18 mph becoming light and variable.
Saturday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Increasing clouds, with a high near 104. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 84. Southeast wind 13 to 18 mph becoming north northeast 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 86. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Sunday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 83. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Monday
Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 90. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a slight chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 83.

Whoops, thanks for further checking into this. I got my numbers from the basin of Death Valley National Park. Although interestingly, every single number that I saw in the forecast that I got is identical to yours except for Sunday's high. Every one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

77 at 1:45 with a stiff breeze/wind - feels absolutely incredible outside. 

Some people might even be donning sweatshirts tonight. 

Probably another 3-4 months or so for me of course. 

It is perfect weather today for mid August and it sounds like a repeat tomorrow!

This is giving me early Fall vibes!