• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

The O’s had the most deserving loss of all time tonight. Houston hit a 9th inning grand slam to go ahead 7-6 - an inning or so after the crowd chanted “Free Kevin Brown.”

What a joke of an owner. Such a little man. 

I might be angrier than I have at any point in my life right now. I'm sick.

The ""Orioles" did not deserve this. In fact, they deserve so much better. 

38 minutes ago, canderson said:

The O’s had the most deserving loss of all time tonight. Houston hit a 9th inning grand slam to go ahead 7-6 - an inning or so after the crowd chanted “Free Kevin Brown.”

What a joke of an owner. Such a little man. 

The only person who you claim deserved this doesn't give a rat's ass what happens on the field anyway. Those players have nothing to do with this. 

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The only person who you claim deserved this doesn't give a rat's ass what happens on the field anyway. Those players have nothing to do with this. 

Nope. Which makes it even worse. An idiot is hurting the best team they’ve had in, what, 25 years? A great season with exciting players overshadows for zero reason. On brand for Angelos.

11 minutes ago, pawatch said:

60 degrees this morning. Kind of seems like a fall morning.

So Bubb with the latest rain are you still in a drought?

We had around 2" of fabulous rain in the last week but that still leaves us over 10" behind for the year and several inches behind for the summer.  I am not sure what USGS will do but long term, yea still in a drought.   Normal rain over a week is about 1" so when you get 2" you really only added 1" above the normal.    I am hoping for 1/2-1" tomorrow to really end up with a great 7–8 day period and a punch in the gut to the drought.  As of now, Thursday AM looks to be a rainy morning for all of Eastern PA with rain cleaning out around lunch and a bit later farther East. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pawatch said:

60 degrees this morning. Kind of seems like a fall morning.

So Bubb with the latest rain are you still in a drought?

Here are the yearly numbers as of now using a smoothed out whole county look.  Almost all of the LSV is behind (but some posters here may not be, and some may be worse than this as I am in Franklin.)

image.thumb.png.761e908ac70f977814619494a2ed872b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We had around 2" of fabulous rain in the last week but that still leaves us over 10" behind for the year and several inches behind for the summer.  I am not sure what USGS will do but long term, yea still in a drought.   Normal rain over a week is about 1" so when you get 2" you really only added 1" above the normal.    I am hoping for 1/2-1" tomorrow to really end up with a great 7–8 day period and a punch in the gut to the drought.  As of now, Thursday AM looks to be a rainy morning for all of Eastern PA with rain cleaning out around lunch and a bit later farther East. 

The carpet and tile guys are going for a 1/4in total tomorrow. My NWS Has 1/2-3/4 for tomorrow. A big difference.

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

The carpet and tile guys are going for a 1/4in total tomorrow. My NWS Has 1/2-3/4 for tomorrow. A big difference.

Models look pretty good for an Eastern PA AM soaking rain as of now but some of it is convective and, in the AM, so we shall see.    The carpet guys might "tack on" or "pile on" some extra totals in their afternoon update if the 12Z models stay juicy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Models look pretty good for an Eastern PA AM soaking rain as of now but some of it is convective and, in the AM, so we shall see.    The carpet guys might "tack on" or "pile on" some extra totals in their afternoon update if the 12Z models stay juicy. 

I think I understand the fiber of your message...so you're saying that tomorrow isn't seamless?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do you mean as a fireman or in another role?   if former, that would be like the book Farenheiht 451 where the firemen were called to START fires.     Here, fireman were called to take away water, not spray it. 

lol, yes as a fireman. We don't take away the water. Rehab companies do that.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure I would think to call the fire company with a frozen pipe. 

many times they don't know their pipe is frozen until it thaws, then water starts running. 

The fire dept is a service of last resort. You have a problem and don't know who to call, dial 911. Fireman show up and usually can solve the probelm

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

many times they don't know their pipe is frozen until it thaws, then water starts running. 

The fire dept is a service of last resort. You have a problem and don't know who to call, dial 911. Fireman show up and usually can solve the probelm

LOL, if my water stops running I am not calling 911 but understood. 

"Hello, 911?  My buddies and I went to Taco Tuesday last night and now my toilet is stopped up, emergency!   Help!"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

"Hello, 911?  My buddies and I went to Taco Tuesday last night and now my toilet is stopped up, emergency!   Help!"

Been a long time since I went to Taco Bell...mainly because the next day was Taco hell...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

you would probably be surprised of things we're called to solve.