• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks to me like 3 to at most 4 days of 90s with Thursday and Friday being the surest bets. Right now it looks to me more like mid 90s kind of heat with only an outside chance that some of the proverbial hot spots taking a run at 100, mainly on Friday. 

Yea, I am not impressed with the "heat wave" as it stands at this moment.  I would bet 3 or less for MDT.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Forecast high Friday in Boston is 95. Good luck down there in triple digit territory

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CXY wants to do it but not sure it does yet.   Euro says they do it Thu and MDT stays near 80 Friday AM but probably does not hit 100 Friday extrapolated from 18Z. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU banging the severe beat for tomorrow:

A vigorous, upper-level disturbance will traverse the mid-Atlantic States tomorrow and combine with extreme amounts of moisture and instability to trigger scattered strong-to-severe thunderstorms across northern MD and southeastern PA between ~1-8 PM..

Even Dr No is on board. 

image.thumb.png.3bdfea943671f60f43da3222bcbaf56f.png

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The cooler than normal weather the last few days has really knocked MDT's departure down.  It is only +1.1 right (1.1 AN).  Going to go back up some in the next 4-5 days but the month as a whole is not going to end up being overly anomalous as to departures.

image.png.e12a110978ce954db99d8629db8b894a.png

And once again, it's the overnights that are the culprit. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Definitely for the 1.1 AN so far.  The highs as whole have been below average actually.  

I'm at 12 ninety degree days. At this point it would have to hit 90 almost every day until the end of August to catch up to the 47 that I had just 3 years ago. 

That's for my station. Comparatively, MU had 38 days of 90+ in 2020. (they're only at 9 or 10 so far this year) 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm at 12 ninety degree days. At this point it would have to hit 90 almost every day until the end of August to catch up to the 47 that I had just 3 years ago. 

That's for my station. Comparatively, MU had 38 days of 90+ in 2020. (they're only at 9 or 10 so far this year) 

MDT has 9 July days with a high of 86 or below so far (close to or below norm.)   They seem likely to get that into double digits possibly even tomorrow. 

• Like 1