• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

I think the ensembles were just as bad this past winter.   it was just more voices with bad info.   Not to say models should not be used but it has been a bruising journey the last 6-12 months. 
I'm far outside my realm of reasonable pondering, but the faint bit of knowledge of those from the realm have hinted that models assumed a warmer precedent lower level would filter up to warmer mid and upper levels, where what as happened is a cooler mid to upper levels that helps balance the giant heat transport engine that is our weather. Now weather this is transitory or a more permanent aspect of climate change who knows. It's way to early. Although I do think there are some people that need humbled

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

In fairness, 90 on the dot is only 2-3 degrees above normal.  That is why I am not a fan of using it for heat wave designations.   3 AN is not a heatwave. 

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I could not agree more. 

Third-ed - it's not a heatwave, it's called...summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean...if our normal high bottoms out in the mid 30s during January, we're not calling a string of days with highs in the low 30s as some sort of brutal cold snap...

Okay, maybe @mahantango#1 and @Voyager do. :)  

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As I've said before, is it a cold-wave when it's 35 or less for three straight days in January?  Oh it's not?  Then get the F out of here with that nonsense haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean...if our normal high bottoms out in the mid 30s during January, we're not calling a string of days with highs in the low 30s as some sort of brutal cold snap...

Okay, maybe @mahantango#1 and @Voyager do. :)  

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As I've said before, is it a cold-wave when it's 35 or less for three straight days in January?  Oh it's not?  Then get the F out of here with that nonsense haha.

Our yearly Heat Wave or no discussion has arrived! I do think that some people forget that the normal high in most of July is the upper 80's and only dips to 86 for part of August.  So, 90's in May are a discussion topic while 90's in July are NBD.  MDT only got to 83 on Sunday, over 4 degree's BN!  I hope no one got frostbite.   

2023 has been much cooler over the Met period summer than 2022 or 2021 so far was yet I hear people (not pointing fingers, talking outside this forum) telling me how unbearable hot it has been this summer.  Unless you are approx. one to two years old, you "bore much worse" over the last 2 years to this point.   I am not even sure the total number of one year olds complaining about heat has risen either! 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our yearly Heat Wave or no discussion has arrived! I do think that some people forget that the normal high in most of July is the upper 80's and only dips to 86 for part of August.  So, 90's in May are a discussion topic while 90's in July are NBD.  MDT only got to 83 on Sunday, over 4 degree's BN!  I hope no one got frostbite.   

2023 has been much cooler over the Met period summer than 2022 or 2021 so far was yet I hear people (not pointing fingers, talking outside this forum) telling me how unbearable hot it has been this summer.  Unless you are approx. one to two years old, you "bore much worse" over the last 2 years to this point.   I am not even sure the total number of one year olds complaining about heat has risen either! 

I also think that the lack of true summer heat until the past week made the arrival of summer weather feel worse. Many of us had gotten accustomed to moderate temps, but more importantly the low dews during June, that once it warmed up AND got quite muggy last week...that was a jolt to a lot of people. 

If it's in the 20s and 30s for days on end, no big deal. If we get one of those Januarys where it's in the 40s and then we get a run of 32 degree days, suddenly it feels much colder than it otherwise would. 

Even out here, where 107 is the normal July high, the TV news is sensationalizing 110. That's only 3 degrees above normal, OMG...the sky is falling.

It's ridiculous (in a relative way). Every time they do that I damn near yell at the TV saying "it's July in Phoenix, what do you expect?"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I also think that the lack of true summer heat until the past week made the arrival of summer weather feel worse. Many of us had gotten accustomed to moderate temps, but more importantly the low dews during June, that once it warmed up AND got quite muggy last week...that was a jolt to a lot of people. 

If it's in the 20s and 30s for days on end, no big deal. If we get one of those Januarys where it's in the 40s and then we get a run of 32 degree days, suddenly it feels much colder than it otherwise would. 

True, good defense for the complain team. 

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Even out here, where 107 is the normal July high, the TV news is sensationalizing 110. That's only 3 degrees above normal, OMG...the sky is falling.

It's ridiculous (in a relative way). Every time they do that I damn near yell at the TV saying "it's July in Phoenix, what do you expect?"

Pretty much spot on with my thoughts.  

CXY made it.   MDT and LNS looks like they did 88.  84 at my place.   CXY may make a run for 100 this week.
Look at CXY HI compared to others, haha. I've been there. It definitely can get quite warm and humid compared to area. Yet, I sometimes wonder about the equipment there.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I’m sure you know this already, but there’s a consecutive days record in play that looks to be pretty much a lock as long as tomorrow hits 110.

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is so 2020!  Tamaqua has more qpf the last month than many of us have had in 3 months combined. 

That's because I'm not there... :P

7 minutes ago, TimB said:

I’m sure you know this already, but there’s a consecutive days record in play that looks to be pretty much a lock as long as tomorrow hits 110.

I thought the streak would be broken as it was mostly cloudy today, but we managed to keep it going with a 110 reading just after 2pm. I do think we have a solid chance of breaking it, though.

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Thursday might be the worst day of the year. Forecast for KMDT is 94, so KCXY will be about 97-100. Dews up around 70. I wish I could just sleep that entire day in my 63 degree bedroom.

63?  ITT may have to take a seat to you!  A frigid GF, eh?  LOL

58 nice degrees earlier this AM but has quickly jumped to 63. 

• Haha 1