• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The I95 rebuild is about to have a delay.   It seems surreal we are sitting here talking about one of the nation's most important roads being closed for such a period. 

Pretty sure if Satan is real he designed I-95

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is the people not the road that bothers me as to I95....travelling down through western VA on I81 is worse, IMO.   Rolling roadblocks when trucks underestimate how steeps the plentiful hills are. 

I will literally drive 500 miles on a one lane dirt road over I-95 any day :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Pretty sure if Satan is real he designed I-95

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is the people not the road that bothers me as to I95....travelling down through western VA on I81 is worse, IMO.   Rolling roadblocks when trucks underestimate how steeps the plentiful hills are. 

Every time I drive down 95 to Florida I always "relax" once I get below Richmond...I've always considered the Carolinas and Georgia as relaxing parts of the trip as traffic is usually much thinner down that way, but at the same time, some of the very worst of the accidents that we've encountered are also in those areas. Lots of open space for people to start doing goofy things behind the wheel. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Every time I drive down 95 to Florida I always "relax" once I get below Richmond...I've always considered the Carolinas and Georgia as relaxing parts of the trip as traffic is usually much thinner down that way, but at the same time, some of the very worst of the accidents that we've encountered are also in those areas. Lots of open space for people to start doing goofy things behind the wheel. 

The other thing I do not like down there is the road condition.  There are "lines in the road" every few feet so the road noise goes way up.   But, do not be shy...you can admit that you like it:

download.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I will literally drive 500 miles on a one lane dirt road over I-95 any day :)

My wife is the same way and sometimes it can get on my nerves.  A 4 hour trip turns in to 8.  95 is a mess south of Washington right now like it is almost every day.   That area between DC and Fredericksburg. 

• Like 1

What a surprise. We were only 62 around noon and are still only 68 at Montoursville Airport. I am used to temperatures being lower than average now. It will be a shock to my system when we get normal sticky summer weather. In the meantime, I am really enjoying what we have. I am sorry about the drought but am more than ready to enjoy lots more sunny days for as long as they last.

1 minute ago, CoralRed said:

What a surprise. We were only 62 around noon and are still only 68 at Montoursville Airport. I am used to temperatures being lower than average now. It will be a shock to my system when we get normal sticky summer weather. In the meantime, I am really enjoying what we have. I am sorry about the drought but am more than ready to enjoy lots more sunny days for as long as they last.

We need rain bad

• Like 1

Surprise (to me) air quality alert for tomorrow.  Sauss, does 'throwing them back' count as strenuous?

PAZ057-059-063-065-066-180400-
Dauphin-Lebanon-Cumberland-York-Lancaster-
330 PM EDT Fri Jun 16 2023

...AIR QUALITY ALERT IS IN EFFECT FOR SATURDAY JUNE 17...

The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has
issued a Code ORANGE Air Quality Alert on Saturday for the
Susquehanna Valley.

A Code ORANGE Air Quality Alert means that air pollution
concentrations within the region may become unhealthy for
sensitive groups. Sensitive groups include children, people
suffering from asthma, heart disease or other lung diseases,
and the elderly. The effects of air pollution can be minimized
by avoiding strenuous activity or exercise outdoors.

For more information on ground-level ozone and fine particles,
visit http://www.airnow.gov and http://www.aqpartners.state.pa.us.

$$

For June through the 16th we should have 1.9". Station has observed 1.28". June averages 3.84". We will be lucky to hit 2". May we had 0.44".

January 2.49"
February 1.01"
March 2.61"
April 3.18"
May 0.44"
June (16th) 1.28"
YTD 11.01"
Normal 18.55"
Yearly Normal 42.38"

At 59% of normal and need to average 4.81" monthly for rest of year to catch up.

On pace for a yearly total of 23.92". Since 1980 we have had below 30" of rain once. 2001 with 25.76". Driest year on record is 1942 at 25.52". By this data 44% of our yearly rain has normally fallen

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk