Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

This was probably it. Had some quick burst of wind and sounded strange..didn't hear any sirens though. 

63F/DP 61F

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/028de5f59b014757bda5cc2444d1f0c9

This.jpg

Maybe the gust front coming through.

I have continued to get light rain here the past couple hours which is fine.  A deluge would have just run off.  The plants appreciate the slower "watering".

Currently 68 and lightly raining, with 0.58" in the bucket and a dp of 67.

Assuming I don't get any surprise pop-ups, looks like I'm done with this round and finished with 0.60" in the bucket.  The temp had spiked a bit to 75 before the front came through and knocked me down to what is probably my low for today - 66.

Currently misty and 68 with dp 68.  Will see if the sun manages to come out to fire up anything for later this afternoon.

• Like 2

After our 0.65" of rain this morning we are now all the way back to 95% of normal year to date rainfall through today. A top 10 weather weekend on the way with sunny skies slightly below normal temps and relatively low humidity. A slow warming trend starts next week and we could see our 1st 90+ day here in East Nantmeal for the first time in more than 2 years by the end of the week!

image.png.d38ac2bde24d603a40eda336b491d0d8.png

• Like 2

Small pond near me is at its highest level since I've lived here. (Cattails galore) Grass is very green for late July. Not a stat guy but we have to be at or near normal levels by now? (*Hint: Drought guy chime in?) And tropical season hasn't kicked in yet.

DP still too high for my liking...

scr.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Small pond near me is at its highest level since I've lived here. (Cattails galore) Grass is very green for late July. Not a stat guy but we have to be at or near normal levels by now? (*Hint: Drought guy chime in?) And tropical season hasn't kicked in yet.

DP still too high for my liking...

scr.jpg

Free range corndogs! Yummy!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Released yesterday, most of us aren't even "dry" any longer. RIP drought...

70F/DP 65F

map2.jpg

Seriously, “the sky is falling, we’re all going to die” posts are ridiculous.

Our new climate is weeks of drought followed by weeks of flooding rains.

20 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Seriously, “the sky is falling, we’re all going to die” posts are ridiculous.

Our new climate is weeks of drought followed by weeks of flooding rains.

I've been around long enough and I'll know when it's serious. All we needed is a couple weeks of unsettled weather (which usually happens)...that's how it works. Hell, my lawn couldn't look any better for this time of year and parks ponds/streams are fine. Almost looks like early Spring....

68F/DP 64F

In other news, this dude built a 62mph trashcan...

https://youtu.be/bATF0dwYBB8

62.jpg

Some valley locations like Marsh Creek bottomed out at 59.8 this AM only 62.9 here in East Nantmeal. Today will be our 6th straight below normal temperature day. This cool streak looks to continue until Tuesday. By mid week we will see a big warmup with a great chance that even East Nantmeal and the ridge locations in the county may see their 1st 90 degree day in over 2 years! Friday looks like it may be the peak heat day. So enjoy the great weather this weekend!

image.png.b4a463753c133a8c564956403aef730b.png

Miracle of miracles but the dp had actually dropped below 60 (so far as low as 58).  I made it up to 84 for a high.

Saw that Don became the first hurricane of the Atlantic season with the latest update, all while it is getting closer to being extra-tropical.

In any case, it's currently partly sunny and 82 with dp bopping between 59 and 60.

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Miracle of miracles but the dp had actually dropped below 60 (so far as low as 58).  I made it up to 84 for a high.

Saw that Don became the first hurricane of the Atlantic season with the latest update, all while it is getting closer to being extra-tropical.

In any case, it's currently partly sunny and 82 with dp bopping between 59 and 60.

Pretty much the same over here. It's supposed to get down to 62 tonight, should make for some good sleeping weather with the windows open. If my neighbor's pool party ever winds down, that is. I'm gonna give em' until midnight to simmer down, then I start becoming "grumpy old man".