amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 6

dryslotted

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nobody cares about this, and nor do I really, but as stated on the general forum, the GFS depicts a MASSIVE warm up by new years eve...

Which is a bit of a bummer as a lot of the potential snow cover would melt in quick order. I'd love to see a storm like this OPEN a frigid pattern, not end it.

I know nobody cares about this, and nor do I really, but as stated on the general forum, the GFS depicts a MASSIVE warm up by new years eve...

Looks like a lock there's going to be a major MW storm. But our saving grace could be (in terms of holding onto some of the snowpack) IF the low tracks far enough west, it would take the heart of the warm sector to our west. CAD would likely remain in the Northeast, limiting our warm-up period to a very brief time prior to FROPA behind the Great Lakes low. Most of next week looks near to below normal temp wise for late december. The torch potential is in front of that MW low.

Can someone just give a Start and end time for NYC.. Thanks

Looks like starts between 10AM and 3 PM and ends Monday late morning/afternoon. Experience argues for in quicker and out quicker. Peak is sunday afternoon/eveing through the overnight into monday morning,

I would say that is fairly close, I was thinking mid to late morning (8am-11am), I think the snow would be in here no later then noon for sure.

Looks like starts between 10AM and 3 PM and ends Monday late morning/afternoon. Experience argues for in quicker and out quicker. Peak is sunday afternoon/eveing through the overnight into monday morning,

Archived