Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 6

dryslotted

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest we focus on the other shorrt range models such as MM5, WRF, ARW, NMM in order to predict the banding and the onset of cyclogenesis.

I'll look forward to that discussion. I've learned so much already with this system...A lot of good people and good information in this thread, nice work so far everyone. Merry Christmas!

Steve D UPDATE

"A major winter storm is expected to impact the entire region with snowfall amounts of 1 to 2 feet along the coast and 6 to 12 inches along and west of the Delaware River. Strong winds around 15 to 30 mph will significantly reduce visibility, create snow drifts, and may cause power outages. In addition, coastal flooding along the New Jersey coast and Long Island will be a significant issue as well."

48HR precip 1.50-1.75 for most of the Island..wow

It appears as though Long Island is going to get CRUSHED.. As far as totals, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this storm matches the 12/19/09 storm as far as totals go, but with perhaps more wind.. 1-2 feet seems reasonable especially based upon ratios... Also, the beaches are going to get ROCKED..

Stay safe everyone!

Merry Christmas to all and a ho ho what a hell of a miracle. I would have been with 3-6" but many models show us getting over an 1" of QPF so we'd probably get 6-10" on average. Things look pretty windy as well, maybe some blizzard warning? I don't understand the NAM either, it looks kind of strung out with the low initially and the QPF fields are all over the place, but we've seen that so many times last year. Remember the 12/19 storm when all the models had agreed on a storm and the NAM dried us out within 36 hours of the event.

Archived