Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer-Fall 2023 Observations

John1122

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to get some rain finally! Picked up at total of 1.14in between yesterday and today. This is the most rain in one event that we’ve had here since April. No wonder we slipped into drought conditions last week. In April we had a total of 2.38in Imby and the rain yesterday and today basically doubled what we had had so far for the entire month of May, so that I’m around 2.5in for May so far.

Also loving the cool weather! It was 48° this AM and it’s only 54 right now at 5PM. I’ll take this all day everyday.

• Like 2

No rain here yesterday in mid TN but cloudy & 64 was unbelievable for Memorial Day! Today sunny but low 70’s.  Incredible wx it’s like fall.  Could use some rain this week.  I will take mid 80’s & humid with rain chances for summer anytime.  Longer heat stays away the shorter time it has. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Easily the hottest day IMBY.  Not sure if we are catching downsloping or what....but it is a furnace out there right now with the wind blowing at 90F.  Feels like a hair dryer.  Yard is fried.  Looking forward to the rain during the next few days.  We need it.  Thankful for the few days of this that we have had all season.  

• Like 4

Easily the hottest day IMBY.  Not sure if we are catching downsloping or what....but it is a furnace out there right now with the wind blowing at 90F.  Feels like a hair dryer.  Yard is fried.  Looking forward to the rain during the next few days.  We need it.  Thankful for the few days of this that we have had all season.  

Today was much warmer, maybe the warmest all season. 62 yesterday morning, 75 this morning and it hit you in the face when I walked out at 6:15am.

• Like 1

I truly hope this pattern can repeat in winter. Ridge west, trough in our back yard. It's 2pm in what is the hottest climatological week of the year, and it's hanging out at 78 degrees. My A/C just kicked on for the first time today. 

Get this going in winter and we'd likely see favorable clippers, sliders, and NW flow. 

• Like 1