• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023 Obs

GaWx

Trees fell at the Masters due to winds! Thankfully, apparently nobody was hurt, thanks to just enough warning time as a result of cracking sounds just before the trees hit the ground to allow spectators to scramble. Here's the video:

0425 PM NON-TSTM WND DMG 2 NNE AUGUSTA DANIEL FI 33.50N 82.03W   04/07/2023 RICHMOND GA BROADCAST MEDIA     BROADCAST MEDIA REPORTED TWO LARGE PINE   TREES FELL NEAR THE 17TH TEE BOX AT AUGUSTA   NATIONAL GOLF COURSE. SOCIAL MEDIA PHOTOS   ALSO CONFIRMED THE DOWNED TREES. TIME   ESTIMATED BY RADAR AND COINCIDES WITH THE   COLD FRONT PASSAGE. NO INJURIES REPORTED.

Today has been a cloudy/wedgy day though with not much rain yet. At KSAV, the highest so far today is 57, which is tied with the record low high.

The Masters had one of its most miserable golfing days ever with it suspended at mid afternoon.

• Like 2

The last two evenings have been absolutely beautiful and perfect for walking. Tomorrow will be another.

Meanwhile, I saw a red fox in my backyard this afternoon! It didn't appear to just be passing through as it was out in the open for several minutes and in no hurry to leave. So, there may be a den in my bushes near the fence in back or perhaps in the back yard of the neighbor behind me.

I do recall seeing several foxes (sometimes together) around my property (including walking in the middle of the quiet street at night) last year. 

• Like 3