Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Christmas/Boxing Day Threat

Nikolai

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, if it weren't for the EURO runs of a few days past and last year I'd be incredibly happy about a half foot +.... I still am, but now I am just hoping for a foot + :)!

It's hard though when we are comparing our half-foot to Philly's foot and New York's 2 feet.

But I remember last year, Philly and Long Island always seemed to sneak out better than they had expected off our first two big storms, so I am hoping we can sneak some off their's this time. (sort of like we did on Feb. 10)

Well guys..we all just have to hold our collective breaths and hope for an overpeformer on the western edge. We all knew we were the odd region out with this one...perilously hanging onto every 25 mile jog while North of us have room to spare. We really need to the low to get cranking early

and its crazy when you think about it

we have a closed 5H Low far to our southwest, a deepening Low off the coast proged to bomb and an 850 Low to our south

what gives?

I don't know enough not to think we should get crushed, but none of the computers do that NOW

maybe it will come back at us at 0z

SREF's should have a decent handle on it in an hour and a half

I don't like the RUC, never did, too many misses and hits to rely on in my book

we have a closed 5H Low far to our southwest, a deepening Low off the coast proged to bomb and an 850 Low to our south

what gives?

I don't know enough not to think we should get crushed, but none of the computers do that NOW

maybe it will come back at us at 0

Either way it appears we should be good for at least 3-6" area wide as of right now (barring any more big shifts east), so I'm glad it's not a snow vs no snow issue but a modest storm vs. major storm issue.

what gives?

maybe it will come back at us at 0z

Thank you! I'm a noob but know the basics enough where I would have guessed more than 4-6 for me based on the set up but I guess it comes down to timing of it bombing out.

Does the fact that it's phased already help us?

what gives?

maybe it will come back at us at 0

Either way it appears we should be good for at least 3-6" area wide as of right now (barring any more big shifts east), so I'm glad it's not a snow vs no snow issue but a modest storm vs. major storm issue.

<br />Well guys..we all just have to hold our collective breaths and hope for an overpeformer on the western edge.  We all knew we were the odd region out with this one...perilously hanging onto every 25 mile jog while North of us have room to spare.  We really need to the low to get cranking early<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I agree that this always seemed to be a threat for further north and east. In fact, for several days this week, it looked like we wouldn't see a flake. However, things looked much much better last night and early this AM and my hopes leaped. Now things seem to be unraveling again at the worst possible time. I think we'll be lucky to see 2-4 inches across the DC/BWI region. On the bright side, the time I would have spent shoveling, I can spend reading about the Great northern mid-Atlantic/ New England Blizzard of 2010.

MDstorm

Still hoping for improvement in the 0z model output.

lol we are soooo fooked. The models are like the hot girl at a party. What a tease, keeps you coming back for more and ends up not putting out a gd thing.

Yeh, it's such a Shame now that the storm has ended. Jesus, chill out... Radar looks good, SREFs do too. It's nowcasting time. I'd be worried if not for the fact the models hAve sucked so bad this storm/year.

I'm in York also... and i think we are right on the western border. the best banding for us is just getting kicked up if you look from the mouth of the chesapeake n/ne to new york right along 95. how west will it go? i am having a real hard time seeing us get to 3-6, but if a couple of those bands in extreme se pa and ne md keep moving the way they are, we might see something. overall it's a letdown for us after those fantastic westward runs of the global models, but realistically we've always been on the very edge.

Archived