Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-13 ULL event

Reb

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

New Found Gap changed over around 10:30ish and now they have a few inches. I’m still in disbelief that we have a ULL passing to our SE the second week of February and even at 5k in elevation is struggling. 445c7e39a09cf2dcdf026cfdd7f606e3.jpg

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. Parts of the area may not reach Atlanta Climo. I'm still in hopes enough comes together end month first March to save it from being least snowy on record here. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. Parts of the area may not reach Atlanta Climo. I'm still in hopes enough comes together end month first March to save it from being least snowy on record here. 

In the broader context of warming temperatures I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what typical winters will begin to look like.  We aren't even close to an event here in northeast TN, and we really haven't had anything to track all winter.  I can recall alot of crappy winters having a lot of trackable events that didn't pan out for one of the billion variables, but we still had things to follow.

• Like 4

35.8 with flakes mixing in. Not a shutout atleast lol. 

to continue the conversation... winter has been extremely low here. I'm over 8" below normal and will likely end up a foot or more below normal.  I was talking to a friend who lives back in Eastern NC and he says it's the worst winter he was ever tracked.  Not a single storm to track all winter.  Not even a hint of a threat. Even in shutouts we typical have atleast a potential system or two outside the mountains. This year? Not a single one besides this one.

rough.

• Like 3

So it is 33 here and my deck is getting slick. A much faster drop in temps than expected. Surfaces including roads are pretty damp and it doesn't look like there is any breeze to help with the drying. I know it ain't as sexy or cool as a good snow, but if you're in the valley, be careful out there.  Have a feeling some slick roads and freezing fog will take people off guard in the AM. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic