Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Christmas Cold & maybe snow?! Dec 23rd-30th

Wurbus

3 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I just watched a Clarksville weather station drop 9 degrees in 10 minutes. The rain/snow line should be through there in the next 10 minutes or so.

I’m currently sitting at 44.1 with gust out of the west in Sweetwater. We may see a faster changeover here than anticipated

Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas! Thought I would ring in here. I live in Powell, now... north side, up on top of one of those ridges, which I have come to call "Windy Ridge" because if there is wind anywhere in the area, it is certain to blow up here and sometimes very hard... my lawn furniture can attest many times, lol... anyway finally got that new weather monitoring station installed and oddly enough, as of right right now at least, I have not any winds over 7 mph yet today... figuring that will pick up sometime soon... my elevation here sits at 1,273 feet... so, should be an interesting next 24 hours... I will chime in later with MBY obs...also it has been misting rain here for about an hour this evening and currently 44 degrees... stay safe and warm everyone!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Scottie16 said:

I’m currently sitting at 44.1 with gust out of the west in Sweetwater. We may see a faster changeover here than anticipated

They've gotten .05 rain so far and are now at 32. It went from 44 to 32 in roughly 20 minutes. So, at least that way, anafrontal is indeed going to rule the day.

• Like 2

We were sitting at a solid 44° with calm winds for awhile. Temp has actually risen to 45.2°. I walked out back and looked at the sky. It's a weird sky. We had a light drizzle going on earlier and now it's almost clear and there are some super super low clouds racing across the sky. The weird thing is the clouds are moving fast in a South to North direction. I haven't checked the official wind direction in the Chattanooga area but there's no doubt they are low and flying by S to N.

Edit to add: official current conditions in Ooltewah has winds from the south at 7 mph. This could explain the rise in temp.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

The Clarksville station is now 31, it says rain as the ptype but the ptype radar is blue over it now.

Started watching a station about 15 miles east of it, it went from 44 to 36 in 7 minutes. 

I’d give most of Nashville 10-15 mins before the front arrives. It seems like there is more moisture available with the system. 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas! Thought I would ring in here. I live in Powell, now... north side, up on top of one of those ridges, which I have come to call "Windy Ridge" because if there is wind anywhere in the area, it is certain to blow up here and sometimes very hard... my lawn furniture can attest many times, lol... anyway finally got that new weather monitoring station installed and oddly enough, as of right right now at least, I have not any winds over 7 mph yet today... figuring that will pick up sometime soon... my elevation here sits at 1,273 feet... so, should be an interesting next 24 hours... I will chime in later with MBY obs...also it has been misting rain here for about an hour this evening and currently 44 degrees... stay safe and warm everyone!

I grew up in Powell, now I live in Halls

2 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

The radar doesn't look too bad. You can see that either some are cutting in and out or they are having trouble with how low the precip is:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761154040abcffa44eaa21

Even a little bit of a connection to the Gulf. 

would love for the cold to catch up to the main line moving through Nashville

• Like 1

It roughly looks like the front is crossing a county about every 25-30 minutes.  It's roughly 6 counties away from me, which would put it here around 10:30ish. The freezing line appears to be about 20=25 minutes behind the front. The 20s, about 40 minutes behind the front, the 10s about an hour and ten minutes behind the front.

• Like 5

Just now, Jesse from KY said:

45 here at the moment in northern Bell County, Kentucky. I am hoping for at least 1 inch of snow, but I would love an overachiever! 

What do you all think the potential is of that happening? Just figured I'd get some opinions for SE KY.

I'd think your floor is probably 1 inch, and 2-3 wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tnwxwatcher said:

Hello neighbor!  I'm just south of Halls proper, nestled between Black Oak Ridge and Beaver Ridge in Hines Valley.  The roads are brined, I guess we will see how effective that is.

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic