• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

@Voyager nice video about the one tour. The end had me as an union advocate filled with rage lol 

Thanks!

Yeah, the anthracite mine owners were not known for treating their employees well. If you get a chance, watch "The Molly Maguires" movie that starred Sean Connery as Jack Kehoe. The tour guide touched on it a bit, but there was a lot more to it all. All of it happened right here in Eastern PA, and in fact Jack Kehoe is buried in old St Jerome's cemetery about a mile from my house.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066090/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thanks!

Yeah, the anthracite mine owners were not known for treating their employees well. If you get a chance, watch "The Molly Maguires" movie that starred Sean Connery as Jack Kehoe. The tour guide touched on it a bit, but there was a lot more to it all. All of it happened right here in Eastern PA, and in fact Jack Kehoe is buried in old St Jerome's cemetery about a mile from my house.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066090/

Thanks! We actually rewatched Harlan County USA the other week (a great doc about the fight against corrupt mine owners, but in WV). 

23 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i didn't hear that, good news. 

All good here. Get those sleds tuned up, i'm feeling a banner snow year:sled:

We are due for a great snow season!

We had some “”good” snow years between 2014 & 2019, along with 20-21 being a bit above average for the Harrisburg area.

Our last “great” year with well above normal snow was 2010.

Again, we are due!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It looks like a decent chance of showers later today & tomorrow pm.

I need to get on the board.

My yard is drying up.

No mowing needed for me this weekend.

Yea, hope we all get on the board.  First cell of the day about to move into Franklin and Adams county...for the southern LSV.   Zones up to 40 and 60% which is better than what I thought were the under forecast ones yesterday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's uncanny how rain continues to miss. Just got back from getting corn and it is pouring 1.3 miles from home. Not a drop here. Cells are moving away from me. 

It's gotta even out at some point.

It broke apart as it neared HBG and reformed stronger before Hershey LOL

I’m legitimately angry. I have three raindrops on a window, the gauge is empty. Meanwhile the system has blown up all around me as it passes. I have less than 1” rain since May 15 (I think my record is right) and today again shut out it appears. 

Everything is near death and burnt.

Look at this BS, the last image is where I got the three raindrops. Note the times. Grrrrrrrrrr. I feel like Voyager. 

15-E5-C6-D1-59-CA-4-A12-A344-BBABEA3-C85

F4-ADB88-B-1238-4-B37-BFB3-ACE3-D5-DC23-

FDB7-C9-EE-422-F-411-C-B3-E9-02806-A517-