Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

3 minutes ago, Torchageddon said:

How does one get the top 10 largest rainfall totals by day for cities like Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, etc. using a current database? Checked https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=dtx which doesn't have anything of the sort. 

https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org

Select a location, then Extremes, Total Precipitation, 1 day

• Thanks 2

really efficient rainfall rates this morning.  Already pushing an inch with a few more hours of showers still to come.   Want to bank up as much rainfall as possible in case the heat dome expands over us later this month

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, madwx said:

really efficient rainfall rates this morning.  Already pushing an inch with a few more hours of showers still to come.   Want to bank up as much rainfall as possible in case the heat dome expands over us later this month

Today's rain is literally rotting out tomato plants.  They love cold wet days.

Another tough sky cover forecast for LOT. Forecasted Sunny skies opening up with stratus and fog. Par for the course in this early summer. I think they could save themselves a lot of headaches if they just went with a standard:

Today:

Variably Cloudy with a chance of showers.

I need the rays today as I was looking to build on my summer tan remulching the yard. Planned it for today based on the forecast.

1 hour ago, Baum said:

Another tough sky cover forecast for LOT. Forecasted Sunny skies opening up with stratus and fog. Par for the course in this early summer. I think they could save themselves a lot of headaches if they just went with a standard:

Today:

I need the rays today as I was looking to build on my summer tan remulching the yard. Planned it for today based on the forecast.

You could always go this route :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baum said:

Today:

time to go back to bed.  5:00 am to mulch is insane.

3 hours ago, Baum said:

Today:

too bright now. can't shovel. hurts my eyes.