• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Christmas Storm VI

Cold Rain

just finishing up sausage balls so not much time before I leave but its probably better to start focusing on RUC and trends now rather than actual output from NAM and GFS runs. By the way, at 18 hours the new GFS still has a closed low in western LA. This thing is futhern northe and stronger, for longer. The trend keeps on!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the initialization error jokes. I'll keep them to the banter thread :).

I think it's hard to argue that there isn't a trend. GGEM went more west (still too far offshore, though), RGEM majorly west, as have the NAM and GFS. Pretty soon, it may just be the Euro and Ukie all alone in an OTS solution.

just finishing up sausage balls so not much time before I leave but its probably better to start focusing on RUC and trends now rather than actual output from NAM and GFS runs. By the way, at 18 hours the new GFS still has a closed low in western LA. This thing is futhern northe and stronger, for longer. The trend keeps on!

I'm always concerned for ptype problems since I have been burned so many times in the past. I can't help but get that little fear in my gut anytime I see a stronger further north solution. I am hoping for you guys to get in on the action but still concerned it could come at my expense. I really haven't seen much talk about temps east of 95 if this thing bombs and comes further west and that just adds to my fears.

robert do you think this is going towards a full phase event with the southern jet ?

robert do you think this is going towards a full phase event with the southern jet ?

Good grief, 1008 on Ga, Fl border at 33 and awesome look at 5H. I really like this run! Its trending the way the Euro was for so long. I think we thought it could do that, and the precip is looking good. Holy smokes, its about to cutoff at 5H somehwer in the Southeast. South flow in GA at 36. Wow!!!!!

Well after all the excitement, I just knew the Qpf would be much higher, for some reason its about the same it appears, but i haven't studied it much. Still if we get the 5H look with that much digging that far west, and considering the surface low is well in tact in LA and near Mobile, I think GA and the Carolinas are in Business.

Well after all the excitement, I just knew the Qpf would be much higher, for some reason its about the same it appears, but i haven't studied it much. Still if we get the 5H look with that much digging that far west, and considering the surface low is well in tact in LA and near Mobile, I think GA and the Carolinas are in Business.

actually appears to be 3/4ths of the QPF of the last run.

The poor, poor GFS. It shows a strenghtening low pressure from the western Gulf of mexico and crossing the Ga/FL border and already 1000 mb at SAV and still deepening rapidly, yet puts down only .40" ATL .45" GSP and .50" in CLT , looks a little low

Yet, we'll take it. That track and pressure is great, and I'm positive the inverted trough extending from SAV to AVL is going to do wonders for the Upstate and foothills of NC to keep the snow bands going. Oh, closed 5H at Crossville TENN. at 42 hours. And the trends keep on and on and on.

Great run.

I am officially excited now :thumbsup:

Inutis about those temps, I think they are too high. Gfs is much colder here at 12z tomorrow, at freezing, and with precip moving in, it's hard to picture the warming it shows tomorrow. Regardless, the 0.50 is very close to my location...Is it possible I might end up with more than an inch? :o

Upper levels of the gfs look great and it's Amazing turn of events

Correct, as I see it also.

Going to be a long night on the Phone for some folks (like me) who will not be at the computer for a little while.

Great disco folks!!!

looks about the same for the CLT area. more over NW NC. 0.5" line cutting through I-85. The upper air suggest a lot more though.

This should turn it around for all now man. Lookout is stoked.

I am officially excited now :thumbsup:

Inutis about those temps, I think they are too high. Gfs is much colder here at 12z tomorrow, at freezing, and with precip moving in, it's hard to picture the warming it shows tomorrow. Regardless, the 0.50 is very close to my location...Is it possible I might end up with more than an inch? :o

Upper levels of the gfs look great and it's Amazing turn of events

dont' sweat the qpf guys. This 5h evolution is really a dream. Now on the west shield in far western NC theres going to be a shutoff, same for NW GA, but all those areas get snow initially. The heavy bands should set up around Athens to CAE to GSP CLT to RDU . It starts snowing here tomorrow mornng and doesnt' end til late Sunday night. Can't beat that!

Archived