Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Epic bust for Maine too. That was supposed to bury Portland area. It did give coastal York county nearly 20” but shafted off to the north. 

GYX mets have called it the VD massacre - blizzard-warned 12-18" for our area turned to 1.5".  Machias had 24.4" and reached 74" pack - at 20' asl on the coast.  Places like Caribou and Rangeley have never reached that depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

There is no doubt it was over 48" after 2/15 and by no means am I embellishing. It was burying above ground pools.

Yeah you broke 48"....even back in Natick I measured 44" on the level and we got less than you in both the 2/7-9 and 2/14-15 events.

Only time I had more than that was March 2001 in ORH when I was close to 48" (measured between 45-52" back then...but hard to know exactly how much it was for sure)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

That's awesome to watch Ginxy, I just got my dog that year so she was a pup and loved to run on top of the snow like yours were, mine used to jump over the snow blown path to the other side. 

Like this? Lol they love to do that. Today was dangerous with a water layer on the ice pack. They were slipping all over. Do not want any ACL bills

• Like 2

I agree, such an underrated storm. Some of the heaviest (maybe heaviest) I've ever seen. Those shades of orange crossed my hood and I was thinking it may be glop or a pellet mixed in. Nope, was absolutely choking flakes. It was a bit wetter than what Will had, but we had 16.5". 

20 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I agree, such an underrated storm. Some of the heaviest (maybe heaviest) I've ever seen. Those shades of orange crossed my hood and I was thinking it may be glop or a pellet mixed in. Nope, was absolutely choking flakes. It was a bit wetter than what Will had, but we had 16.5". 

Yep I remember you saying that . All hell broke loose on those reds.

Screenshot_20190304-114517_Chrome.jpg

The Mar 2, 2019 storm was kind of disappointing in that for a couple runs it was absolutely crushing E MA/RI. We’re talking like a foot of snow…it ended up weaker and south so it was just an advisory type event in the end….but that would have been something to get back to back 12”+ storms 2 days apart. 

This is all i have saved for runs that dont include both systems since they were so close together. About 33 hours. Snow ended at around 9AM here and would begin again the next day at around 6PM. but i do remember some runs that were more impressive for SE MA.

23 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The Mar 2, 2019 storm was kind of disappointing in that for a couple runs it was absolutely crushing E MA/RI. We’re talking like a foot of snow…it ended up weaker and south so it was just an advisory type event in the end….but that would have been something to get back to back 12”+ storms 2 days apart. 

xxxxxecmwf_precip_24_boston_9.png

zzzzecmwf_tsnow_boston_11.png

21 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This is all i have saved for runs that dont include both systems since they were so close together. About 33 hours. Snow ended at around 9AM here and would begin again the next day at around 6PM. but i do remember some runs that were more impressive for SE MA.

xxxxxecmwf_precip_24_boston_9.png

zzzzecmwf_tsnow_boston_11.png

Yeah there were a couple euro runs that blasted us in eastern areas…I found this Ukie run saved on my phone. Some of the euro runs were similar or even more bullish….it was only for a couple cycles but those cycles happened inside of 48 hours so we had a reason to believe it was trending hard into a big storm but then it trended back east  Mar1_00zUkieQPF42.gif.ac8a04735262d45ba5a387b51b0c4972.gif

On 3/6/2022 at 8:53 AM, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there were a couple euro runs that blasted us in eastern areas…I found this Ukie run saved on my phone. Some of the euro runs were similar or even more bullish….it was only for a couple cycles but those cycles happened inside of 48 hours so we had a reason to believe it was trending hard into a big storm but then it trended back east  Mar1_00zUkieQPF42.gif.ac8a04735262d45ba5a387b51b0c4972.gif

image.thumb.png.88c5763c4dcee6e27555066af5e04de6.png