Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You know, it’s amazing, I hit 58 today under beautiful skies and we ate dinner outside at a food truck with the kid running around the park and a beautiful sunset to the west, and to think we’ll be in the thick of blinding snow in 12 hours. Weather is just awesome. 

62 here today. Monday looks like it’ll be back in the mid to upper 50s. 

All year we have had cold air then a storm brought in warm air that killed all our snow. Now we have extremely warm air and a storm is bringing arctic air and that will create a bombing low to put in moisture in the form of snow. 

And it’s March. Go figure. 

• Like 1

Love that this is forum wide. Living up here we are going to get snow. I am only jealous of the LSV crew when you are in the wheelhouse four a coastal and I am smoking cirrus. Hopefully everyone gets one great event.

Also happy that we will be seeing snow and SNE will be seeing rain. That crew is great but whiny bitches for going over climate in terms of snow more often than not!

• Like 2

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Hey Guys...my NWS (weather.gov page) still has me in a Winter Storm Watch issued from 4:26am.  I haven't seen anyone mention being in a warning here, but they have to issue the warning at least 12 hours before the start of the event.  So, ???

Same for me - I wish we were able to read the text output for the warning in our area. 

10 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hey Guys...my NWS (weather.gov page) still has me in a Winter Storm Watch issued from 4:26am.  I haven't seen anyone mention being in a warning here, but they have to issue the warning at least 12 hours before the start of the event.  So, ???

Yea I noticed that NWS page has both Carlisle and Camp Hill in the Winter Storm Watch and not warning but Dark Sky, Wunderground and Weatherbug all show both as Winter Storm Warnings...strange

8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Yea I noticed that NWS page has both Carlisle and Camp Hill in the Winter Storm Watch and not warning but Dark Sky, Wunderground and Weatherbug all show both as Winter Storm Warnings...strange

They must be having data problems.  I'm glad to hear the warning is issued.  But as @Itstrainingtimejust said it would be nice to see the details.  I'm sure it will finally update before midnight.  Thanks for the input/corroboration.  

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 5 PM EST
SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6
inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From 5 AM to 5 PM EST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Light rain will start tonight, and turn
to snow before sunrise west of I-83, and shortly after sunrise
to the east of I-83. The snow will be heaviest between 6 AM
EST and 2 PM EST, tapering off in the afternoon.

• Thanks 2