Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The sky has really cleared out here in Danville as well, with those same low clouds hanging over the ridges. Temp is 52 degrees. I'm actually quite impressed with the uniform temperatures across the entire state of PA currently. Mostly within the 47 to 52 degree range with a few sites on the north and south edges a bit outside of that. Bubbler, I believe you area tends to get those warm air surges on your side of the ridge, correct?

Yes, anytime there is a low positioned to my southwest, it warms here quickly.  My nearest NWS station is HGR at 56 right now.  I live on the M/D line....literally right on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, anytime there is a low positioned to my southwest, it warms here quickly.  My nearest NWS station is HGR at 56 right now.  I live on the M/D line....literally right on it.

I'm a map junkie and I peruse the Google satellite maps a lot. I'm surprised at how many properties do literally straddle state lines. In some, the state line cuts right through the house so that (for example) literally one would cross from PA into Maryland just by simply walking from their living room into the kitchen. Is your deal that literal?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm a map junkie and I peruse the Google satellite maps a lot. I'm surprised at how many properties do literally straddle state lines. In some, the state line cuts right through the house so that (for example) literally one would cross from PA into Maryland just by simply walking from their living room into the kitchen. Is your deal that literal?

My PA side property is one house up from the one that sits on the line so to be fair, I have to walk into their property to cross in MD.   Without giving away my address, here is a map of the area.  The red marker is just what I used to call the map up.  No house there...a barn actually.  The houses on Old Pen Mar Road border the M/D line to the South.   So not as cool as walking over a state in the house.  LOL.  We did look at a house, 3 years ago, that had a creek running under it and you could open a hatch and dip into the creek and get water.   Seemed like a flood risk to me! 

image.png.5591948ad5914770731f589b66df7247.png

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My PA side property is one house up from the one that sits on the line so to be fair, I have to walk into their property to cross in MD.   Without giving away my address, here is a map of the area.  The red marker is just what I used to call the map up.  No house there...a barn actually.  The houses on Old Pen Mar Road border the M/D line to the South.   So not as cool as walking over a state in the house.  LOL.  We did look at a house, 3 years ago, that had a creek running under it and you could open a hatch and dip into the creek and get water.   Seemed like a flood risk to me! 

image.png.5591948ad5914770731f589b66df7247.png

Oh, I wasn't trying to pinpoint your location, so you didn't have to post a map. I was just wondering. Thing is how is one taxed by living literally in two different states?

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Oh, I wasn't trying to pinpoint your location, so you didn't have to post a map. I was just wondering. Thing is how is one taxed by living literally in two different states?

I have posted it before as Cashtown is familiar with the area, so it was not new info. If anyone feels inclined to drive over and try to find me: 1) It would not be that hard, some here know my real name 2) I am a vegetarian so if stopping over, prepare to eat veggies or plant products.  LOL   But yes, not sure how a house (or property for that matter) can be in two different states. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have posted it before as Cashtown is familiar with the area, so it was not new info. If anyone feels inclined to drive over and try to find me: 1) It would not be that hard, some here know my real name 2) I am a vegetarian so if stopping over, prepare to eat veggies or plant products.  LOL   But yes, not sure how a house (or property for that matter) can be in two different states. 

Nice! Veg here too. I'm loving all these people sharing things in here. It's so refreshing knowing men that aren't ashamed to NOT be drinkers or carnivores.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nice! Veg here too. I'm loving all these people sharing things in here. It's so refreshing knowing men that aren't ashamed to NOT be drinkers or carnivores.

I am drinking a beer while posting this so I will take 1 out of 2 :-).   I have been a 'Veggie' for over a decade now. Easier now than 20 years ago. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Hmm. Shows a drastically different pattern in the D7-10 range. Models still seem to be all over the map with the general longwave pattern at that range.

Not great for us but the news channels are queueing up  human interest stories to deal with the Upper  Midwest cold.

image.png

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Not great for us but the news channels are queueing up  human interest stories to deal with the Upper  Midwest cold.

Verbatim wouldn’t be great but there’s a lot of model noise going on here. I’m just saying with the overall pattern change coming the models are struggling to get a handle on any of the details, which is probably typical with a major pattern change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Verbatim wouldn’t be great but there’s a lot of model noise going on here. I’m just saying with the overall pattern change coming the models are struggling to get a handle on any of the details, which is probably typical with a major pattern change.

No doubt.  I just wanted to post that 2M map showing the cold there.  Its pretty extreme, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here is one. The dashed line is the PA/Delaware state line. The north half of the house is on PA, and the south half is in Delaware. Crazy...

FB_IMG_1640991226799.jpg

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A little NYE fun for those not going out....end of year Quiz.  Post your results.  It's on CNN but I read both CNN and Foxnews, so not making a political statement.  Just happenstance.  I only got 5!

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/12/us/quiz-year-in-review/

I also got a 5.  We could have done worse.  Thanks for sharing this. 

Everybody have a great New Year's Eve tonight and a Very Happy 2022. 

I expect to be up late and will check in to see if anyone gets "inspired" to write something good.