• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

Got woken up by sleet pelting the window. Surprised to see some snowpack still survived the torch. It's gotta be the multiple ice/sleet mixed in with the snow episodes we had here through January/very early February.

Checking radar, I see the Finger Lakes area doing its normal thing with a big dryslot soaring north just as it gets cold enough for snow.

Snow pack held on no problem here. Still at least 6” of pack. Huge difference between my place and my work in Hamburg with much more snow otg here. Must have been that extra lake effect event where I got over 14” in between synoptic storms that really helped because the difference between here and Hamburg is unreal for such a short distance. Snowing nicely out now. 

FB8C1B4D-BFA6-45F9-ABF5-887D3ABA677B.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Is this going to be a rare time where back side wrap around delivers?

I don't know. Maybe for you guys. I see the Finger Lakes Forcefield combined with the Syracuse Snow Shield are in strong effect as the cold air finally wraps in.

Waiting to see if that bit down near Jamestown fills in more as the wraparound digs in.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't know. Maybe for you guys. I see the Finger Lakes Forcefield combined with the Syracuse Snow Shield are in strong effect as the cold air finally wraps in.

Waiting to see if that bit down near Jamestown fills in more as the wraparound digs in.

Yeah syr probably won't get to much maybe couple inches. 

3 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Snow pack held on no problem here. Still at least 6” of pack. Huge difference between my place and my work in Hamburg with much more snow otg here. Must have been that extra lake effect event where I got over 14” in between synoptic storms that really helped because the difference between here and Hamburg is unreal for such a short distance. Snowing nicely out now. 

FB8C1B4D-BFA6-45F9-ABF5-887D3ABA677B.jpeg

Never officially lost my pack in Williamsville either, about 3” we’re left in the yard picked up about 4” over night and snowing lightly ATM.